When you have nothing you have nothing to loose

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

who

Hello all.

It's been 4 days since my original post. I've been feeling stronger than ever until today.....I had some money in my account and it took everything in my power not to gamble it!!! I was sat there looking at the website for 30 mins just staring and thinking just do it you could win. But I didn't!! Surely this is something positive. I don't want to count the days re starting because I've had a lapse. I need to be strong for me and my family and stop вњ‹ being not in control. I can do this I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna beat it....scary just how many people who are problem gamblers really. Xx

My original post 4 days ago

hello

I've been gambling several years now. The longest I've ever quit is 3 days! Feeling like I've lost all control of my head and my finances who ever said when you've got nothing you've got nothing to loose needs to be ruined lol. I'm here because I've had enough enough of feeling like the only way to deal with my stress is my worst enemy and best friend, gambling! I don't want to be this person anymore and I'm ready to give the lot up As I have a lot to loose. The last time I gambled was yesterday and then it hit me like a thousand knives at once. I'm stuck in a vicious circle. I'm broke because I gamble I gamble to get more money to spend, i sat and thought about it that £300 a week is a lot of money to get £20 more or £50 more then loose £600. I've been such a idiot, I'm in masses of debt and considering bankruptcy. And for what, a bit of a thrill. .I confided in a close friend who said to me last month, just stop. Well that's like saying just stop to someone who is overweight because hey can't control they're eating. A joke right! Until yesterday when it hit me, I'm gonna change, I feel very very strong and this is it. This is my second day, I'm ready for the urges when they strike I'm ready for when I have a stressful days and feel the answer is on a roulette wheel, that's rubbish. I'm not sure if your allowed buddy's on here, not sure how it all works just needed to vent to like minded people.

Posted : 3rd August 2017 6:19 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Sweetie, the site works well as a place to vent, a safe place to come when you are fighting urges & you will find people on here you really relate to & may make some cyber & real life friends.

I'm a bit confused by your update & assume it means you stayed strong so good skills if you did! Counting is a personal choice & for some, it really helps in the early days, I know I would have cracked on my original day 18 had it not been there. The problem is, you may not always feel so strong so are you able to get some blocking software to give you an extra layer of protection? This is an incredibly hard journey to walk alone & you may find great support in a GA room or from counselling (GamCare provide this free).

You need to keep this vicious cycle broken - ODAAT

Posted : 3rd August 2017 11:28 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Today I'm struggling like hell not to hit that button!!!!!!

I keep reminding myself of loosing and how much it hurts

Think I'm addicted to loosing not winning!!!

Posted : 4th August 2017 5:16 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)

hey sweetie, did you manage to not hit the button?

Posted : 5th August 2017 1:55 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Sweetie,

i hope you managed not to hit that button!

All the best

Conradnose

check out my blog www.conradnose.com

Posted : 5th August 2017 2:38 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close