106 days

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@cameron190893)
Topic starter

so after loosing 3.3k in the space of 24hours i am now 106 days clean and still no bet had, it still eats at me and always crosses my mind what i did that night and still wish i could go back in time but i cant, i still get urges to gamble espically being around football mates and players and also family who gamble little, but im stil going strong for the sake of my partner and house ect, currently have no debts still and have enough money for my self, but its just still hard getting over loosing that money but i cant change anything now, i am proud of where i have come so i must keep focused anyone who is struggling and always needs someone to talk to who is expericning this please speak up be nice to talk to people

Posted : 22nd January 2019 4:16 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Cameron on your excellent progress. You seem very positive and have a good attitude.

I think one of the hardest things for a compulsive gambler, in recovery, to accept, is that the lost money has gone forever. Its as if part of us hangs on to the crazy hope that one day we will get it back. It is indeed a bitter pill to swallow, but swallow it we must if we are to bury the gambling in the past and start living a meaningful life again.

I wish you well as you continue on your gamble free adventure ...stephen

Posted : 22nd January 2019 9:56 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close