176 Days

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@londoneye)
Topic starter

176 Days ago I hit rock bottom, I felt dead inside, I was depressed and I saw no way out of an addiction I knew I had myself to blame for. All my money from pay day, gone and I went through two pay day loans in as many hours. I had no food in the fridge, I was hungry because I had spent the whole day gambling and I had no money to be able to fill up the car with even a days worth of petrol let alone food for the week. The next day I borrowed money from a friend I also bought myself Allen Carrs book on gambling and I have never looked back since. I finally have savings in my bank account, it’s not much buts it’s mine and I’m finally starting to pay off the debt that was constantly hanging over me. Everyone’s journey is different however there is hope out there and there is a future for everyone. This Christmas is the first in 5 years where I’ve had money in the bank to be able to spend on presents.

Posted : 25th November 2023 5:17 pm
ChatModerator
(@chatmoderator)
Admin

Hello LondonEye

Thank you for posting such an inspiring message. It sounds like you have been through so much and have experienced a huge amount of loss and pain - both emotionally and financially. But despite the difficulties, you have turned your life around and are now starting to really notice the benefits from the changes you have made. I'm sure your post will provide a lot of hope to others! 

Wishing you all the best,

Ellen

Forum Admin

Posted : 4th December 2023 5:49 pm
(@londoneye)
Topic starter

@chatmoderator Thank you Ellen for your kind words. I really hope that my post will inspire others. This website, YouTube videos of other problem gamblers and books have really helped me.

Posted : 23rd December 2023 3:37 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close