2018 WILL be gambling free for me... And for you too!

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Got to three weeks without gambling, somehow slipped up and gambled again today. That is £70 gone 🙁

I find I can easily not gamble for a few weeks then I will gamble and feel like c**P... Then not gamble for another few weeks... I just want to stop gambling completely. No more blips and no more stops and starts.

I frustrate myself. I am writing this in the hope of keeping myself focused.

I hope everyone who is determind to start their 2018 joins on with this thread 🙂 xx

Posted : 16th December 2017 5:39 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi Lisa,

Glad to see you back and not giving up. I have talked on chat along the same lines today.

I can go periods of time g free but somewhere down the line I fall back into it. I had 2 years (separately) runs since I joined GC but I fell many more times.

Lapse happens for most of us, but we must watch out from the "relapse".
Addiction is progressive. I worked hard all last year and even managed to get my own place...and in the last 5 months this year and many many relapses which followed...i nearly lost the lot!..its shocking when you think..."I would never get myself in this situation"...fall into the trap of addiction. It has no limits...please take advice offered...this is not a game for us CG's....

Stand back up, fight, work hard and ultimately you will be reaping the rewards ☺

Most importantly - be kind to you as it starts from within!

I shall see 2018 without gamble alongside you...but first..lets tackle today only ;-)..we can for sure!

S&B xx

Posted : 16th December 2017 5:54 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)

Hi Lisa, Great to see you straight back on here posting after a slip, not an easy thing to do. I am another one who can go periods gamble free but always end up back to day 1 again, but am determind to start 2018 gf also, we must keep fighting hard with the help & support of our gamcare friends we can beat this ....... stay positive.

Posted : 16th December 2017 6:05 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks so much sjp and charton for your comments.

I'm just feeling really annoyed at myself. I was doing so well. I have a tendancy of betting myself up other stuff but in trying to be a bit kinder.

My biggest goal is a gamble free year ahead. I wish you both all the luck in the world and the strength to beat this stupid addiction. X

Posted : 16th December 2017 10:22 pm
Equinox
(@equinox)

Hi Lisa-Bee - sorry to hear about your relapse. I did a similar thing recently - got to 4 weeks and then for whatever foolish reason decided it was time for a gamble.

I agree when you say you're 'feeling reallly annoyed' at yourself. I'm still stinging badly from my relapse, much more than I ever expected. Which is a good thing - I think. And we have to look at the bigger picture, which is that we are doing well - admittedly, far from top of the class - but the number of non-gambling days now far outweight the gambling days. Which only a few weeks ago would have been the opposite. The trend is a good one.

Let's keep 2018 a gamble free zone.

Best wishes

Equinox

Posted : 17th December 2017 12:16 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Equinox wrote:

Hi Lisa-Bee - sorry to hear about your relapse. I did a similar thing recently - got to 4 weeks and then for whatever foolish reason decided it was time for a gamble.

I agree when you say you're 'feeling reallly annoyed' at yourself. I'm still stinging badly from my relapse, much more than I ever expected. Which is a good thing - I think. And we have to look at the bigger picture, which is that we are doing well - admittedly, far from top of the class - but the number of non-gambling days now far outweight the gambling days. Which only a few weeks ago would have been the opposite. The trend is a good one.

Let's keep 2018 a gamble free zone.

Best wishes

Equinox

Ah equinox sorry to hear about your blip as well! Ugh I know trying not to let it get to me too much, and you are right the GF days are definitely more than just a blip. Got to keep positive and keep on going. All the best to you xx

Posted : 17th December 2017 5:36 pm
(@sars27)

Stay strong Lisa ! For sure with determination and commitment we can secure a gamble free 2018 . I’m with you on this fight ! Let’s gooooo ! I’m currently on 198 GF DAYS but still recovering and not cured 🙂

Sars

Posted : 17th December 2017 8:15 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Sars27 wrote:

Stay strong Lisa ! For sure with determination and commitment we can secure a gamble free 2018 . I’m with you on this fight ! Let’s gooooo ! I’m currently on 198 GF DAYS but still recovering and not cured 🙂

Sars

Wow! Congrats what a lot of GF days u have under your belt! 🙂

Posted : 17th December 2017 9:24 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Lisa Bee, How are things going for you?

Posted : 10th January 2018 1:09 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close