*** 2019 *** Climbing the Gamcare Mountain

115 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Yo, so pleased you enjoyed the ballet . Though think I misled you unintentionally of course, I don’t dance I just love to watch it as I said especially street dance . But the next time I see a ballet advertised on tv , I will watch it following your advice .

Have a nice weekend .........Shiny 🙂

Posted : 22nd February 2019 5:49 pm
(@Anonymous)

Aaw reading this made me smile! Glad you had a wonderful evening at the ballet- I would love to watch the nutcracker one day! So many beautiful opportunities and things to do in life and is lovely to see you getting out n about on your adventures enjoying new experiences.

Posted : 23rd February 2019 12:29 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thankyou for visiting my diary.

Shiny.... We are all dancers. You may sway to the music on a night out or boogy with the vacuum cleaner but it is still good fun and you are simply doing what is built into the very fabric of your soul. I think Jesus once said to his disciples "Go forth into the world, spread peace and dance your little socks off."

Who am I ... So lovely to get your post. I hope you are happy and well.

Hello Diary ... A beautiful sunny day. The birds are singing and it feels good to be alive. I was reading an article and came a cross the word "Abnegation." It means to renounce or deny ourselves something that we have a fondness for. Here it is in a sentence: "Gamcare warriors stand tall and proud. In battling this insidious addiction, there is no room for ambiguity because the addiction looks for chinks in our armour. For this reason, I fully support the abnegation of all games of chance which involve financial gain or loss....Stephen

Posted : 24th February 2019 1:26 pm
(@Anonymous)

Yo, lol , loved your interpretation of bible lol. Yes a beautiful day, fill full of the joys of spring . Right of to vacuum and dance my socks off. Have a good rest of day ...... Shiny:-)

Posted : 24th February 2019 1:30 pm
changemylife
(@changemylife)

Just love your humour and candid approach to life. When we truly put gambling behind us there is a chance for growth, giving, happiness and joy.

Keep up the good work Stephen.

Posted : 25th February 2019 11:29 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thankyou Shiny & Martin. I appreciate your kind words.

As you rightly wrote in your post Martin: "When we truly put gambling behind us there is a chance for growth, giving, happiness and joy."

I can honestly say that the gamble-free me and me the gambler are like two completely different people. It is very strange but I won't dwell on it.

I had a good time Monday evening with a creative writing group (spare room in a pub) and than we all celebrated the birthday of one of the members. Great fun chatting, singing and enjoying a couple of dances.

No doubt I will have a few urges to gamble on Thursday when monthly pension goes in the bank but I think I should be ok.

Stephen

Posted : 26th February 2019 1:41 am
Hazard2myself
(@hazard2myself)

Hi Stephen, lovely to hear you had a fantastic time at the theatre with your lady friend. When you get the urges on thursday make sure you visit this forum and keep yourself occupied reading your own diary and the progress you've made so far. You can do this my friend you're strong. Have a good day mate.

Posted : 26th February 2019 10:20 am
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)

Heyyy Stephen, what have you got planned for this week :)?

Posted : 27th February 2019 8:22 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Pras & Lisa for visiting my diary.

I am having a quiet few days which is ok but maybe I have been overthinking. Monthly pension goes in the bank tomorrow and i can't help but remember all the times in the past when I have just given everything to the betting shop.

I will never forget those awful feelings of despair and disbelief and imagine they will haunt me for the rest of my days.

Unfortunately, when payday comes along, the addiction tries to gloss over those traumatic occasions and encourages me go gamble.

Once I have got through the next few days I will be fine so just need to keep my wits about me...Stephen

THIS DIARY HAS SERVED ITS PURPOSE AND IS NOW FINISHED

Posted : 27th February 2019 10:38 pm
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)

Need to ask those angels for help. It's 23.54 pm.. Turn that into 2354 angel number..

Significance & Meaning Of Angel Number 2354
Asking you to always see the best in yourself, Angel Number 2354 wants you to look at your life and take a look around you at all that you've achieved.

You were the only one who could have done all of this work, so make sure you take credit where it is due and use it to motivate yourself to improve your life even more in the future.

Angel Number 2 asks you to keep yourself full of faith and hope that you can achieve your soul destiny and all of its parts. You are doing a great job so far.

Angel Number 3 wants you to always focus on what you can be gaining from the answers to your prayers that your angels have waiting for you.

Angel Number 5 encourages you to take a moment and focus on the fact that you can get a lot done by taking care of your health and making sure you're in the best shape possible.

Angel Number 4 wants you to see that you can call on your angels for support any time that you need them and their help. They'd be happy to help you out.

There's angels answer to your plight. Keep up the good fight.
Bella xx

Posted : 5th March 2019 1:00 am
Page 8 / 8

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close