2021 MY AMBLE TOWARDS THE NOT GAMBLE

336 Posts
20 Users
1 Likes
43.6 K Views
Murlo
(@murlo)

Hey Adam,

Many congratulations on your year milestone, that is awesome! Thank you for popping into my dairy, that was so lovely. Miss you too x I am keeping well and happy (albeit recovering from COVID). It's fantastic to read about your health kick. You are an inspiration, keep going my friend x Sending love x

Posted : 6th December 2020 11:20 pm
(@boo-radley)

Hello Adam. Many congratulations on a year. I don't pop in as much now but do think of all here. 

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and only the best that life has to offer in the coming new year. 

Boo ?

Posted : 7th December 2020 7:38 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi murlo and boo, thanks for popping by perked me up a bit horray....

All the best adam xx

Posted : 7th December 2020 6:05 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another couple of days on the journey, walked 4.2 k today, diet going strong, off to do some more exercizes.

Posted : 8th December 2020 10:50 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi diary, another couple of days have passed, not much to add, been getting up later and later so will get up and go to town for a coffee at ten am tomo.....then watch footy at midday.... Maybe look around the shops maybe not don't really need anything.... I'm delaying getting my Xbox until I know I defo want it as it could just be an expense I don't need and I've been doing soo well on the spending front... 475 pounds this year in total well that is a massive win compared to when I was indulging in the vices....    I'll update again later.

Posted : 11th December 2020 8:12 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Do others on here having a nagging feeling on their conscious?  I mean I have this nagging doubt that I've done something wrong or am going to do something wrong.  For the life of me I can't think what it is that would make me feel bad for something I have done when I don't know what it is.  For people on here struggle with their conscious for gambling over many years but its nothing to be sorry for its a product that is legal that has been marketed towards you and u have succumbed.  Like eating meat, it is socially acceptable, there are many reasons not to do it for the welfare of the animals but its legal....Like cutting down trees for paper....There are arguments for and against gambling I guess and the main one I see for governments is money for nothing....they don't have to supply the customer with anything for the money just the physical place to make a bet which nowadays is in the customers own home thru the PC they've also purchased themselves.  But what have I done wrong in my life I've given in to these vices that's fine, I've never physically or mentally hurt anyone, I don't know whether I'm thinking too deeply probably am, my mum usually says no one else would think twice about something I've stayed up the whole night thinking about.

Posted : 11th December 2020 11:05 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Hi adam, 

Just want to say ive read your post i can relate too it, but i dont know how to respond but ill give it my best

I often get stressed about something and overthink it for a long time even little stuff that others wouldnt think twice about the next day 

You havent done anything wrong sadly different people have different battles some of us sadly fall in traps like the gambling.

Just remember you have done amazing this year turning your life around and setting goals and acheiving them. Its okay to question or overthink the hard times. I often wonder how did i end up in some messes, where did i go wrong. 

Hope your okay

Loulou x

This post was modified 3 years ago by Loux

Posted : 11th December 2020 11:28 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi.

You've done nothing wrong Adam, sometimes you just get caught in the crossfire, when opinions differ & things get heated. Don't let it effect the wonderful year you've had. 

Al

Posted : 11th December 2020 11:49 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi Lou and al, thanks for the responses makes me feel better.  Went out for a coffee this morning and had a good time so I'm going again tomo.. . 

Posted : 12th December 2020 4:23 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Adam,

Is it me or did I sense you're perhaps not yourself last night when I asked about your shoulder ?. As you know my son's just had knee surgery & now his chin's on his boots because he's struggling to get in the shower & can't do the things we all take for granted immediately.

Just remember you got to a year being gamble free by taking one day at a time. I know it's frustrating, I know it's hard but remember where being patient has got you. Let's face it, look how far you've come in 2020 by taking things in your stride & focusing on the end result.

I messaged my son yesterday asking how he was. His answer was full of frustration and anger. He told me he couldn't sit & get comfortable, couldn't get comfortable in bed & feels like a burden on his wife & son. Afterwards I thought of you believe it or not, all those near misses  since 2015 & then a surge of strength combined with rigid determination next thing you know BANG you made it. He knows about my addiction but I'd never discuss anyone else's struggles, however I wish I could have shared your story to motivate him.

Best Wishes

Al

Posted : 13th December 2020 1:55 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi Al,

Thanks a lot for the post, yes it is tough at the moment, im struggling to do things so am relying on my parents a lot..... It wont be forever tho and im looking forward to that first bath and getting back into the swing of things at work.....  Send ur son my best regards mate, he can do it and he wont be uncomfortable forever its a short term thing.

Im still really looking forward to christmas and new years and celebrating on the chat with everyone and looking at the year and how much weve achieved.

I was only distant on the chat as i was on my phone and as the battery was low i had to have it attached to the cable meaning i had to sit on the floor which was a bit uncomfortable...

cheers for popping by Al mate see on u chat tonight.

Adam 

Posted : 13th December 2020 4:05 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

i do however feel ive hit a dip in motivation, but i feel the dip in  a few areas of life.

Ive just been out for coffee with friends again which has lifted my spirits.

Adam

Posted : 13th December 2020 4:07 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Took a dip in my diet today after being good for two weeks, I must do better....will be good tomo

Posted : 16th December 2020 11:43 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Got up earlier today which I'm happy with, done my excercizes, had breakfast and I'm ready for the day.

Just weighed myself and amazingly it read 12 stone 13  pounds.... I have been weighing myself in the evenings when I weigh the most but to see it under the 13 stone mark is amazing motivation for me.... 

That's really cheered me up, defo gonna go for a walk if it stops raining this afternoon.

Yesturday I felt a bit useless but today I'm feeling better.... I know my objectives eg eat less snacks and do my shoulder excercizes!!!

Just gonna go on chat now will update later on.

Posted : 18th December 2020 2:05 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Adam,

Keep going you cracked it with the 12 month GF & I'm sure you'll do it with weight & fitness targets. Keep pushing yourself, without overdoing it of course. You're stronger than you think.

Al

Posted : 19th December 2020 1:04 am
Page 2 / 23

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close