2022 independence captured let's see how I do

82 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
13.4 K Views
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@adam123 

Have you watched after life. Excellent it made me laugh and cry.

And the out cuts were so funny.

It was so good I watched it twice in a week.

Shirley my wife laughed so loud it made me  laugh.

Dave L

Posted : 13th February 2022 9:39 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Yes the independence I am gaining also is isolation as I'll be living on my own untill I get on my feet then after a year when I'm used to it I can either get a flat mate or continue on my own ......  I do mix with my parents well and I'll miss that so will be visiting home a number of times each week......  So in a nutshell it's independence but hopefully not a lonely isolated time .....  I believe that it's going to work out for the best I'll strive to do well at work where I will have company then look to spend every other night at folks to begin with ......  I'll defo miss them but at the same time they need some alone time as people say so it should work out better for them too?   

You've really hit the nail on the head here with ur two posts Dave so thank you...... It's made me both realize something's and appreciate other things I have..... The best of both worlds being independent but not to independent will be best for me...... After all I don't want to loose sight of everything I currently have but don't want to turn down the possibilities of what can also happen with independent living.

Posted : 14th February 2022 1:13 am
(@stace)

Thankyou for your post on my diary adam. I have replied to you. Take care x

Posted : 16th February 2022 10:04 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Starting to feel human again..... went for a walk today 3.3k then spent the afternoon sorting out my bedroom for the move...... lots to do sorted out my cds into bags and dome dvds too.... also done some well needed dusting thtoughout as it seems ive neglected my bedroom for a while.....

Im off work till wednesday next week so going to keep doing some things at home that can help me to recover and help towards the move.

Recovery wise everything going well.

All the best adam xx

Posted : 17th February 2022 8:09 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@adam123 

Hi Adam

You are starting to feel human again hat must be strange.

Yes sorting out things is a healthy thing to do.

I am still procrastinating over sorted out my different cds

I am not so healthy in keeping things tidy.

I tend to do cleaning while Shirley my wife is in bed.

My Changing and doing a move were not my best skills.

We sent our things to Canada in boxes and what we needed to do was sort things out index them and then put labels on each box, that was fun and new experience.

I hope that every thing works out calmly and organized, it helped to write every thing down in order.

Recovery is about being on the up and up.

Love peace and a healthy recovery to every one.

Dave L

Posted : 18th February 2022 9:31 am
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@adam123 

Hi Adam

Do you think you could find a healthy sponsor locally to you, preferably some one recommended.

It is being healthy to write down your thoughts and your feelings, it helps get a perspective on healthy and unhealthier to understand our emotional triggers.

Even you are living apart from my folks it is often healthy to stay connected if they treat you in a healthy way.

Love and peace to every one.

Dave L

AKA Dave Of Beckenham

This post was modified 2 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 19th February 2022 10:33 pm
(@stace)

Wishing you all the best in your new flat when time comes adam, I think you'll do really well and enjoy your independence ? 

Il look out for your new diary, hope to see you back in chat when you feel ready. 

All the best

Stace ?

Posted : 19th February 2022 10:33 pm
Page 6 / 6

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close