94 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
14.4 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks for your wonderful posts on my diary Lou & Roch.

It has certainly struck a chord and reminded me that our lives are surrounded by mystery.

Maybe things are going on behind the scenes that we are completely unaware of !!!!!!!

Floating past my 12th floor flat

A cloud gave me a wink

Took me by surprise 

And I knew not what to think

Can the eyes deceive?

Is it a trick of the mind?

Why would a ball of water vapour

Be so friendly and kind?

My thoughts turned to addiction

With loss of self control

Bewitched by spinning reels

Or who might score a goal.

Best to see things as they are 

With gamcare clarity 

Ensure we are protected

And let's stay gamble-free

Wishing everyone an enjoyable weekend of contentment.

Aum ? x x x 

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 6th March 2021 11:05 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Good morning  hope you are well and enjoying the sunshine                                                                
   Scottty??

Posted : 6th March 2021 11:32 am
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen, and a delightful ditty about your friendly cloud experience!  Some philosophers believe we can 'see' what we want to see when we look at amorphous entities such as those in the heavens. It's a very good sign that what's reflecting back at you is friendly and welcoming. It reflects YOU and how you are feeling 🙂

'Tis my Day 55.  And to celebrate I am going to have a cup of team, mindful of a ditty composed by the late great Spike Milligan.

There's many a slip

Twix cup and lip

And the sound it makes

Is drip drip drip

🙂

Posted : 6th March 2021 1:53 pm
(@rochg)

Cup of *tea*, I meant to write in my previous post to you Stephen ?

Note to self: watch out for 'fat fingers'!

Anyhoo I hope you're having a good weekend ?

Posted : 6th March 2021 10:05 pm
(@rochg)

Hey Stephen and hope you're keeping well my friend 🙂 

I notice that your local footy team is top of league right now ... and hopefully soon harking back to the good times; I remember Phil Brown as your manager and I personally have met him a few times!

Anyhow take care and hope you're having a good week 🙂

Posted : 8th March 2021 11:14 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks for your support Roch. Hope you are keeping well. 

Saturday I ordered mobile phone upgrade and cancelled the contract for my tablet. Only received the phone today. Slowly getting the hang of it but takes me ages to type.

No thoughts of gambling which is good because I have been thinking of moving home and planning expenses. The gambling brain would have told me to win money so I would have plenty for moving but my brain now appreciates that I have sufficient to meet my needs.

Aum ?

Posted : 9th March 2021 8:58 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

All season I have checked the football results and know it was a remnant of my gambling brain because I am not a football fan.

Last checked the results on Saturday and couldn't since than with my tablet cancelled and waiting until today for new mobile to arrive.

So the plan is not to check the results anymore.

I was also addicted to the tablet and wasted hours on it so now only have the mobile and a plan with just 4gb a month so will only go on YouTube occasionally for something specific.

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Aum

Posted : 9th March 2021 10:55 pm
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen

I applaud your tech 'refresh' as you rebalance from gadgetry to real life ... yes, we do enjoy our time gazing at screens but not to the point where it becomes a serious waste of life.  Plus less staring saves our eyeballs from burning out!

4Gb will keep you going and keep you mindful of not to go to excess. The good news is that Gamcare and Gamcare Chat uses very little bandwidth and you'll be able engage here as much as you'd like!

Wishing you an enjoyable midweek, Stephen.  The days are noticeably getting longer and although the weather's a little iffy the sunshine will soon burst through heralding the Spring equinox on the 21st.

Posted : 10th March 2021 12:52 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch.

Enjoying the new mobile and pleased I got rid of the tablet contract. I was definitely wasting a lot of time on it.

Not checked football results since Saturday. Not causing me any problems which is good. I know that checking them daily before that was a legacy from the gambling and totally unnecessary because I don't support any teams.

Aum?

Posted : 11th March 2021 12:27 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Thank you Stephen means a lot you always put a smile on my face with your poems and the last few mths have been hard and you are star     
 Your friend scotty ??   

Posted : 11th March 2021 1:18 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Scotty and thank you for being a true inspiration. I was very happy to see you reach a full year gamble free and felt admiration and respect for the courage you have shown during that time.

Hello Diary. 

All is well in my world. 

235 days GF and feeling good. 

Aum ?

Posted : 12th March 2021 12:14 am
(@debsy371)

Doing so well @aum and always supporting others too. 

Posted : 12th March 2021 5:40 pm
(@rochg)

May I congratulate you on Day 236 Stephen, that's almost 2/3rds of a year, but, I am always, like you, respectful of one precious day at a time. And how much more we get out of these days. Perhaps sometimes we fail to see it but these days are more precious than ever!

And so on this Friday I wish you a pleasant, relaxing, enjoyable weekend Stephen. The shackles of lockdown are slowly being removed, we're out there again and this is the best of times, and the best of times (to paraphrase 🙂 )

Posted : 12th March 2021 10:11 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Debsy & Roch.

Hello Diary ? Day 237 GF.

Bank balance exceeding debt has given me peace of mind. I was tempted to pay the debt off but am planning on moving home this summer and will have expenses.

Wondering now where my future lies and in what direction I should be focusing my energies. 

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 13th March 2021 1:31 pm
(@debsy371)

Keep it going wonderful Stephen 

Posted : 13th March 2021 5:40 pm
Page 4 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close