255 days since I last had a dabble

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@darkpassenger2020)
Topic starter

Morning all, 

It’s been a while since I was last on here as I’ve been busy getting on with my life, trying to sort the mess I made. 

I’m proud to say I’m now 255 days gamble free. It’s been a rough ride (as it would have been for everyone) Covid lockdowns, furlough periods, personal trauma… but I’m 8.5 months gamble free. Am I fixed? No.

However, I’m in a much better place these days, mentally, physically, financially… 

we can beat these demons, they will always be there, and always the ‘what if’ but the best thing I ever done was give my wife control of my finances & bank account. I fully believe I wouldn’t be here if I hadn’t of done that. I have total control of my bank account but my partner just logs on every now and then to make sure there is nothing ‘untoward’ - people may think controlling, not me, it saved my life. 

please make use of all the wonderful resources on this site, it really will help. 

stay safe everyone, I’ll check back in again soon. 

DarkPassenger.

Posted : 8th August 2021 11:06 am
 Pm21
(@pm21)

Congratulations mate, 

I'm over 200 days gf, I've also gave my wife full control of my finances. I don't think it's controlling at all she saves me from myself. I look at my statements now and see my overdraft is not touched and have all my bills up to date. Had a bad day yesterday because the football had started again but got thru it thankfully without gambling. Feel strong today. Hope you keep going well. Good luck.

Posted : 8th August 2021 2:27 pm
(@pep1952)

Really well done Dark Passenger and PM21! I am genuinely so happy things are working out for you both and your wives are in full support. I wish you both the best.

Posted : 9th August 2021 7:51 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @darkpassenger2020 and @pm21,

Huge congrats to both of you on your 200+ days gamble free. So inspiring to hear how recovery has changed your lives and how much more confident and content you sound.

Thank you also for the feedback and the recommendation Darkpassenger2020, the site is really excellent there is something for everyone.

Keep the focus all and keep sharing your inspirational journey.

All the best,

Eva

Forum Admin

Posted : 9th August 2021 9:58 pm
(@darkpassenger2020)
Topic starter

well done mate. Glad you managed to overcome the moment you found yourself in. Take care mate

Posted by: Pm21

Congratulations mate, 

I'm over 200 days gf, I've also gave my wife full control of my finances. I don't think it's controlling at all she saves me from myself. I look at my statements now and see my overdraft is not touched and have all my bills up to date. Had a bad day yesterday because the football had started again but got thru it thankfully without gambling. Feel strong today. Hope you keep going well. Good luck.

Posted : 9th August 2021 10:05 pm
(@darkpassenger2020)
Topic starter

Thanks Pep! 

Posted by: Pep1952

Really well done Dark Passenger and PM21! I am genuinely so happy things are working out for you both and your wives are in full support. I wish you both the best.

Posted : 9th August 2021 10:06 pm
(@rudge89)

congratulations Darkpassenger! That's fantastic. Its encouraging to read posts like this! And Inspiring!! I'm 74 currently and hope to be able to write a post like this! 

Also well done to pep! 

Posted : 12th August 2021 1:56 pm
(@darkpassenger2020)
Topic starter

Keep going Rudge89, you will get there. You’re doing great. 

Posted : 12th August 2021 4:28 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close