375 days GF. Thanks for support everyone

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Winterishere
(@winterishere)
Topic starter

Hi

Managed over a year to be gamble free. This is the first time I've managed this for as long as I can remember. Reading stories and sometimes offering advice on here has really helped me over the past couple of years. Gamstop has been great for me, as has going to all my local bookies and self excluding. I very much still remember that feeling after you've spent that last pound and the palpable agony that takes up every fibre of your body. It's unbearable. I never want that feeling again. Everytime I think of driving miles away to gamble in a bookies or arcade I make myself run through the scenario which inevitably ends up with me walking out with no money and crying on my drive home. Not doing it. No way. I don't have access to all my money. My dad still has my savings and any large amounts excess money I have will always be transferred to him for safe keeping. I'm ok with a couple of hundred quid in my account for online food shops, petrol and say to day spending. Just wanted to say a thank you to everybody who posts on this site. In one way or another you have all helped me and I appreciate it very much. I wish you all the best in your recovery. Cheers again for helping with mine ? here's to a future without gambling for all of us

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Winterishere

Posted : 31st May 2021 9:02 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello @winterishere,

Congratulations and well done on your 1 year milestone without gambling. Its great that you are experiencing the benefits that come with abstinence. You should be very proud of the progress you have made and the dedication you are putting into your recovery. 
Keep posting and sharing your inspiration to others.

Regards

Dan

Forum Admin

Posted : 31st May 2021 9:19 pm
(@dave101)

/winterishere

thats fantastic news and I am happy for you, I am hoping I will get my first year gamble free but I have a long way to go again and just take each day as it comes. Your posts brings hope so I say thank you @winterishere

dave101

Posted : 1st June 2021 4:48 am
Winterishere
(@winterishere)
Topic starter

Cheers Dan & Dave ??

Posted : 1st June 2021 5:33 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close