Dan's Diary

226 Posts
40 Users
0 Likes
22.8 K Views
(@Anonymous)

Hi dan

In middle of self destruct need to get to stop myself just reading your diary amazing 439 days congratulations I know life still not easy but wow your doing amazing just reading helps me so thank you.

The bear

Posted : 19th June 2018 6:24 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

Thank you - I'm doing OK, just get frustrated with myself sometimes, lots of personal exploration to go as I still cant say ewith any certainty if I am like I am because I spent 20 years gambling and have ruined myself somewhat or if I would of been like this anyway - and I don't think I would of been, I think I am still trying to overcompensate and I still dont know my own mind well enough to make sound decisions

fitness and mental well being has to be at the heart of it but even that I struggle with (tops up red wine glass!) oh well, gambling can still do one - starting to glimpse ahead to 500 days - a nice target - firstly though I shall concentrate on day 440 and then 441

thanks again all and Bear ill drop by your own diary - I wish you well though!

Posted : 19th June 2018 11:20 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

440 days today, tough day at work and an even tougher return home, lots of arguing - not good and in my view not fair but also a massive waste of energy, trying to bite my tongue as I know that at the heart of it all lies my gambling, my choices, my actions.

This is another consequence, the frustration, the anger is understandable, I deserve worse, far worse because of my choices but I am here, I am listening to the 'feedback', I need to celebate the positives and I need to stop making excuses for my procrstination, be comfortable with who I am

strength, focus and happiness for the simple pleasures in life

looking forward to turning in for the night shortly

Posted : 20th June 2018 9:45 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

focus!

Posted : 21st June 2018 10:13 am
(@Anonymous)

Amazing, continue being strong. I look forward to being in the 400's. I am only on day 57. So proud of you.

Posted : 21st June 2018 10:28 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

many thanks I am done and best wishes with your own battle

442 today, puncture on car which is a pain and an irratating expense but one we can 'afford' now - not soemthing I'd have been able to say 18 months ago - small things, small things

I am a compuslive gambler, today I will choose to not gamble

Posted : 22nd June 2018 7:21 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

443, the wine tastes good, need some sleep, work again tomorrow, family are healthy, thats whats important

Posted : 23rd June 2018 10:07 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

work days like today really dont help an addict.... id love a way out of the daily slog! still no gambling and i 100% know thats not the answer!

Posted : 24th June 2018 9:15 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

444 nice number though, just seen it pop up!

Posted : 24th June 2018 10:01 pm
Matt 24
(@matt-24)

Hi CG

Thanks fo your post on my diary. Really pleased to see you are continuing on youre journey gamble free and I look forward to seeing you smash through 500 days. No one said it would be easy but if it was easy it wouldn't mean as much. Keep going.

Matt

Posted : 25th June 2018 11:21 am
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

Thanks Matt!

456 days now, closing in on 500 but I'll make it 457 first!

Posted : 6th July 2018 10:33 am
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

Posted : 23rd July 2018 11:20 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

Posted : 26th July 2018 1:29 am
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

485 - I fel guilt for not posting regularly on here but I do often pop by and read, just not signed in as using work device, I dont like that but still so far I am doing OK, still early days but already stopping has meant the debt is virtually all gone and we are going on a holiday. cant quite believe it, gonna be no frills but still its the adventure ive dreamt off gfor soooo long now

Posted : 4th August 2018 4:05 pm
Compulsive Gambler
(@compulsive-gambler)
Topic starter

Posted : 8th August 2018 5:40 pm
Page 9 / 16

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close