A new me

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hello everyone.

I am a problem gambler and have been for about a year and a half. Problem being online slots then fobts then back to online slots. Ive gambled all my life with football coupons without any problem but its as if a switch has flicked in my head and now i cant even do that. I last gambled yesterday which i have had a big win which has got me back the majority of the money ive lost over the time of gambling heavy.. im turning to this site for people to talk to to help me through my recovery. As im sure most of us are all very similar. When your gambling your in your own wee world and you just cant stop. Its an absolutely horrible experience and now i cant deal with it any more because its going to ruin me financialy, and more important, mentally.. I have booked in for a counsellor starting tomorrow and hypnotherapy starting on wednsday. Im going to keep a diary on this every day for 1 week. Then take it from there. I will also let people know the benefits of counselling and hypnotherapy after ive had it done aswell. One day at a time

Posted : 15th May 2017 9:19 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello Spaceman

Welcome to the forum you sound very motivated and have taken positive steps to get some support with counselling and hypnotherapy. There is also our chat rooms where you can speak with other people who like you are stopping gambling.

The Chat rooms are a welcoming and safe space to share with one another and they are open daily some afternoons and every evening . http://www.gamcare.org.uk/chatroom

We also have a helpline where you can talk with a Gamcare adviser about your problem gambling the contact number is 0808 8020 133 and you can also speak with advisers on Gamcare net-line http://www.gamcare.org.uk/support-and-counselling/frontline-services/netline

The helpine is open from 8am -midnight

Keep posting we are here to support you .

Take care

Forum admin

Posted : 17th May 2017 9:08 pm
katy55
(@katy55)

Hi, just wondering how you got on with hypnotherapy? My son is the addict and we're looking at it for him. Any advice? Thanks

Posted : 10th June 2017 3:25 pm
Bop5times
(@bop5times)

Hi spaceman

The key to gambling is you have to really want to stop and not kid yourself, ive recently realised after gambling for the past 10 years and am on 50 gamble free days. Give your banks cards to your partner/parents this is a must as it takes away any urge you will get.

Just remember stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it

Posted : 10th June 2017 7:17 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close