(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks JW. How are you getting on pal?

Day 8 today and feeling good.

Posted : 5th September 2018 9:06 pm
JW_
 JW_
(@jw_)

Yeah I'm doing well thanks mate, hit 25 days today so feeling good!

Posted : 6th September 2018 7:55 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

JW_ wrote: Yeah I'm doing well thanks mate, hit 25 days today so feeling good!

almost a month! Nice one! I’m on day 10 so delighted to get to double figures

Posted : 7th September 2018 12:42 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Unfortunately had a relapse the day after my last post and have been gambling since. In the 5 days I'm actually up around £1300 which is making it alot harder to stop again but I know I won't keep winning and I know I'll end up losing it all again.

I've just excluded myself from my account (a foreign bookies not yet included on GamStop) and I go again from Day 1.

Posted : 13th September 2018 1:54 pm
JW_
 JW_
(@jw_)

You've done the hard thing by owning up to what you've done. My advice would be to re-read the book and think back to how you felt at your lowest, gambling will only ever take you back to those lonely dark places over and over again. You can beat this.

JW

Posted : 13th September 2018 2:28 pm
 A 9
(@alan-135)

So , Allen carr didn't do so well and gamblock wasn't effective ? , Have you told your supportive girlfriend again ? the one that you keep chucking it back in her face ? that's what you said a couple of weeks ago .

It's tough mate but the only person who can make thing's different is you and all the blocks in the world won't stop you from gambling if you so choose , I know this post is coming accross as harsh buddy and I'm sorry if it upsets you but I was where you are for far too much of my life and if it stops you from chucking your life down the drain then I'm more than happy .

That 1300 quid your supposedly up ?? well you might just as well throw it out the window now as it'll be slightly quicker than you gambling it away again which will happen all the time you stay in this cycle of repeat , we'd all like to just stop losing instead of stopping gambling because it would be far easier but unfortunately it doesn't work like that for us as we cannot win because we cannot stop .

Change is about you letting go of the past and stop chasing your losses and accepting what's done is done and tyhat gambling has beat you you won't get revenge on gambling for all the money it's taken from you because all it will do is laugh in your face and carry on taking more and more until there's nothing left and I'm not just talking about financially , you'll lose the lot , health , wealth and most importantly the relationships you have with all of your loved one's .

You can do this but " Nothing changes if nothing changes " .

Start making proper changes , if you can't control thing's yet then hand over financial control to your girlfriend or parent's , it will at least keep you safe living on an allowance , it's not ideal but needs must if your serious about stopping ?.

I wish you well mate .

Alan

Posted : 13th September 2018 2:34 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks JW and thanks Alan - two very helpful comments and just what I needed - a kick up the backside. You're right Alan I know this is all on me and I have to WANT to stop. I guess what i meant was when you win it feels harder to stop again compared to after a big loss but I'm happy that even after a win I've managed to put more blocks in place and not gamble it all away. Today I've got rid of my smart phone which is the only place I've bet before and I'm going to re-read the book.

Day 2, a long way to go.

Posted : 14th September 2018 9:50 am
 A 9
(@alan-135)

Morning Tb .

I'm glad my post was taken the way it was intended as the last thing I wanted to do was come over all preachy ! .

I agree that it's difficult to consider stopping after a win as in our gambling mind that's all we see but never remember the losing day's .

Also glad youv'e got rid of the phone as it's one more avenue of gambling that's now closed , I know how difficult it is to say goodbye to gambling as I tried myself for many years but could never shut the door completely until 3yrs ago that is .

When I finally made the decision to stop properly I left no door ajar and put a lot of effort into finding loopholes I could exploit just so I could close them down for good :)) .

It's all possible my friend you just have to want it enough :)) .

Wishing you well for another gamble free day :))

All the best mate .

Posted : 14th September 2018 11:15 am
Sean1
(@sean1)

Hi Tb1010

At books2door.com phone number 0116 2104294 (Allen Carr book) for £2.99

ATB

Shaun

Posted : 14th September 2018 7:19 pm
Page 2 / 2

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close