Choose life

50 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
Little miss lost
(@little-miss-lost)

Hi lost 23,
I don't think congratulations are good enough for what you are achieving.
To read your first posts and now to read your last is fantastic and very inspirational.
I'm so happy to hear that you are still gamble free and your life is becoming so much better for it.
Keep up the good work and enjoy reaping the benefits
Lml x

Posted : 12th December 2016 11:50 pm
Sillycow
(@sillycow)

Well done Lost23!

Your first post absolutely mirrors how I was feeling 3 days ago, the utter despair is pouring from your words and really hit home to me, I thank you for sharing your journey, it gives me some hope for myself.

Stay Strong

M x

Posted : 13th December 2016 12:14 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi again

I have been so caught up in life that i have not written here for a long time. I am having some urges which have lasted a few weeks for me. I havent gambled!!! I am really amazed that the days are adding up and i am getting further away from that madness. I still do crave to sit in front of one of those machines some days.. i long for it. The thing is its my mind remembering the tiny amount of time that its ok, like the first hour, then its a long length of time that follows that is just torture. Months. All from that one thought of wouldnt it be nice... I am doing my best to stay busy and i think filling void time is one of the most important things. I go to meetings, i stay busy, have done counselling. I dont want to go back to that life and the urges are just addiction, maybe just habit as its something i always turned to. Any time i had strong emotions about anything i woudl gamble so i guess its only natural that my mind searches for that escape again as it is what i did and part of my brain remembers. Time to retrain the brain. Shopping, cleaning, watching movies, seeing friends, having a nice meal out, family, exercise, animals, nature, journalling. All things helping me along my way. I just want to say to anyone who thinks this impossible like i did. Keep going. I am so so compulsive when i start its impossible for me to stop till im ruined completely. I have attempted many times to stop. I just keep trying, Keep trying, if i can do it, you can do it. Hang on.

Posted : 15th January 2017 11:11 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Lost

The first couple of post in your diary were really powerfull. They reminded me of the dark days and places I don't want to go back to. It's great to see the progress you have made and the positivity in your recent posts. You're right about re-training the brain, doing anything else to stop us slipping back into the madness. Thanks for the inspiration

Stay Strong

Posted : 16th January 2017 9:41 pm
Sillycow
(@sillycow)

Good to see you posting....And even better to see you're still GF 🙂

Take care & stay fighting.

M x

Posted : 16th January 2017 10:00 pm
Page 4 / 4

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close