day 3

215 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
12.4 K Views
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

hello everyone this will be day 3 for me , my second as a member here . as i said in my intro 27 yrs has been too long and here is where i want it too stop. saturday is gonna be a prob for me as a couple of big events coming up but am gonna do my best to give them a miss. today i have got to go to work , then on the way home bank a few quid i,ve borrowed from a friend , buy a pair of boots and then meet a friend for a couple of pints . he will be talking of his latest bets and i'll listen . my aim is to get home by 6 0 clock without going in the betting shop and letting myself and the mate that has looked after me cash wise down.thanks for reading john.

Posted : 1st June 2006 6:37 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi John

Well done on getting to day 3, I think you will find that listing your points on your recovery diary will help you, as you can try and tick them off in your head as the day goes on. Dont worry about Saturday yet we are on Thursday one day at a time and you will be fine.

Take care and keep strong

Onwards and upwards

Luckygirl

Posted : 1st June 2006 8:39 am
(@Anonymous)

welcome john,

thanks for starting your little 'diary' here, i hope you can continue it. this daily journaling process seems to be helping me for the past 6 months.

i sense a guarded optimism in your post which is very good i think. we really shouldn't get overly confident, but there is hope. even if you were to slip up on saturday (i am not wishing you that) it is not the end of the world. i have had 2 one-day slips since i decided to stop gambling and i am convinced the most important thing to do when one slips is to quickly admit it and then get right back on the 'abstinece trail'.

i look forward to following your progress here john. thanks again for your efforts.

Posted : 1st June 2006 10:39 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

well thank you all, didnt get the boots but banked and drunkk cheers john.

Posted : 1st June 2006 10:17 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

well got most of the day off today gonna spend it with the kids as they are off. theres racing on tele today but gonna ignore it. cheers john.

Posted : 2nd June 2006 10:44 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

still confident of ignoring the racing today , but just had a weakish moment. the events i was looking forward to was both the horse and greyhound derby on saturday . the dogs especially are something i really enjoy . i almost convinced myself that watching without a bet would be ok , but i think that is the old lying to myself to believe what i really want to when in reality that would be a slippery slope i think. cheers john.

Posted : 2nd June 2006 10:54 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi John,

Glad you are feeling confident, please remember to call us / post on here tomorrow if you get the urge to gamble.

Best Wishes,

Helen

Posted : 2nd June 2006 5:51 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

thanks helen and everyone else, up early again today still confident today but not sure if watching without a bet would be a problem think i'll post somewhere else in the forums to see what others think , if i can get up to friday when the world cup starts i.ll get a good run together cos i know i,ll be totally consumed with that . cheers john.

Posted : 3rd June 2006 7:06 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi John

Keep strong, and you will get through this weekend, if you get the urge just call the helpline and they will help.

Before you know it, it will be Friday the big day!!!

Take care

Keep strong

Luckygirl

Posted : 3rd June 2006 10:47 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

thanks helen and luckygirl read and thought about it and this weekend is gonna be easy , feel ok today working long day tomorrow thanks john.

Posted : 3rd June 2006 2:15 pm
(@Anonymous)

hi john, hope your day went well, and u ignored the racign etc on the telly.

good job in getting this far, hang in i am sure you are beginning to feel the benefits

Posted : 3rd June 2006 6:31 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

hello again carol-ann day went well thanks had my dad telling me about the derby told him i wasnt betting but dont think he heard properly then my brother rang and asked me to listen to his days bets and work out a bet but told him no not lokking for results etc not interested and fobbed him off a bit so far so good thanks again john.

Posted : 3rd June 2006 7:42 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

saturday came and went no real probs dont know result of either derby am not gonna look either as previous post my dad couldnt help trying to tell me of thederby but his description of the race went right over my head so if i can get past those races the only thing i gotta worry about is random urges will have to keep my guard up . cheers john.

Posted : 4th June 2006 7:23 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

got a late job today so head down in a book and have a kip til then , also the youngest off school today so spend a bit of time with her then off to work and home after midnight no real worries today i dont think. will have to walk past a few bookies so evil eye will get to work then . cheers john.

Posted : 5th June 2006 9:26 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

yrsterday went ok thought about racing a lot not with pangs 4 a bet just memories good and lots of bad theres no dought i love racing but it does me no good today much as yesterday exept on my own in the morning so a lonely day ...guard up cheers john

Posted : 6th June 2006 9:19 am
Page 1 / 15

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close