my diary - day 1

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

First day writing and first day without gambling - feel pretty down today - still quite mad at myself for all the damage i have done - and yet knowing all along the damage that it can do and ignoring it - just like they say - insanity is ........doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome - its like watching a movie 5 times and expecting the end to be different - everytime i gamble i know what the end result will be - i know the quilt, pain,anger,frustration , self hate - so why??? i wish at times i could keep that pain in my head so that i won't do it - but with time it eases and then the insanity kicks in- this has got ot end - i can't go on like this anymore - lifes too short to have this kind of memory....wasting to much of my life not being who i really am - showing people who i really am not ........i deserve better than that and so do they - my daughter turns 17 this monday and its so sad to think that the majority of her life i spent gambling - time to get a grip on life - i don't want to grow old regretting my past - thats so sad.................until tomorrow - One Day At A Time...........Penny

Posted : 17th May 2006 5:27 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Penny,

From now on you are not alone in this process. We are 100% behind you.

Best Wishes,

H

Posted : 17th May 2006 5:58 pm
(@Anonymous)

How are you doing today Penny?

Posted : 19th May 2006 11:34 am
(@Anonymous)

Penny, thanks for posting. I too have felt remorse for my past gambling. But, I was just now thinking I can turn that around now and feel happy for all the bad things that haven't happened since I stopped gambling. I wish you those same happy feelings as you go forward. πŸ™‚

Posted : 20th May 2006 3:00 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Penny, you are not alone with your problems, sharing them will help.

Good luck and stay strong

Posted : 20th May 2006 5:34 pm
Oldhamktf
(@oldhamktf)

I was curious what the oldest diary/user on here that hasn't been used or posted on and this one appears to it. A few older ones but they started other diaries

I wonder what Penny is upto now neatly 10 years on. I like to think she's gamble free but I doubt it.

If your out there Penny drop us a line and prove me wrong.

Posted : 9th February 2016 11:27 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close