day 3

215 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
12.4 K Views
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

sorry not been around for a bit SOooo busy!!! dont know how i found the time to gamble. deep down IF i stop and think about it i know id like a bet, but just dont think about it anymore. had some amazing news regarding my sister in law , shes somehow gone from terminal to clear!! now the whole family dont know quite how to take this , but all i can say to the wife was we had to take the bad news at face value so really we have to do the same here , albeit in a slightly guarded manner . i hope this will lift the wife in her own situation, her councilling seems to be striking cords and bringing out some slightly unexpected results , meaning some of her fears didnt lay where i thought , ( showng councilling was the right option ) shes looking forward much more , so heres hoping . thanks for caring kim , joy and all my other friends all the best john.

Posted : 11th November 2006 9:42 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi John

Glad to hear your keeping yourself busy, and what FANTASTIC news about your sister in law!

I hope your wifes situation continues to go from strength to strength, and wish the same for you also.

Take Care John

STAY STRONG

Kim xxxx

Posted : 12th November 2006 2:10 pm
(@Anonymous)

John, keep your chin up mate. You can do it, think of how good your life will be without betting.

All the best mate

Posted : 11th June 2007 11:44 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well we are never cured are we. Cant believe after all this time the wheels have fell off!! Should have stuck around here I think , From now on I am here for good . So hello all my old friends and hello to the new . Here goes again!!

Posted : 13th April 2009 5:39 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

just been reading through this old thread of mine and its amazing that i let this slip . not gonna start again but gonna carry . lots and lots has happened , different home different job but same family same me same demons ... here goes!!

Posted : 7th January 2010 11:14 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

today was a good day. lots of snow (ok not so good!) but home with family lots of reading and remembering here, plus a bit of re-learning. then watching cricket ...very nice.keep your guard up. john.

Posted : 7th January 2010 5:35 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

still snowed in !! kids all home so i'll be busy .

its payday today not that im too worried about that lets be honest thats a GOOD thing. not being cocky tho i know in the right/wrong circumstances it would all start again so my guard is up pulling this visious circle apart.

good luck everyone.john.

Posted : 8th January 2010 10:07 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi John

Thanks mate for the post on my dairy

Have read bits of your battle dealing with this, can see you have knocked this on the head for long spells previously. So know you can do this again.

Best wishes in the days and weeks ahead

Takecare

Posted : 8th January 2010 1:10 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi John,

You are back with us which is great. It's one hell of a battle this one!.....but one which is is definitely worth winning.

Be easy on yourself and take it one day at a time. You can do it!

All the best...Jas xx

Posted : 8th January 2010 5:00 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

thanks londonbloke and jas, been a quiet day this diary hopefully gonna become boring !! thanks and good luck, john.

Posted : 8th January 2010 6:05 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi John

Thanks for the post on my diary m8. Just had a quick read through yours.You done so well a couple of years ago.I hope you can still remember how good them days were.There is an incentive there for you.You have been there before and you can get there again.As you said John its best you stay around and im sure your advice to people will prove invaluable.You know what you have to do John and you will do it.Get back to the good old days .All the best Jeff.

Posted : 8th January 2010 7:37 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

thanks jeff not doing to shabbily yourself mate!! to be honest i gave it away quite cheaply , im confident in myself hope i can help even one other person along the way. good luck mate.john.

Posted : 9th January 2010 12:02 am
Simon50
(@simon50)

Keep up the good work John. Skim read bits and pieces of your thread because of tiredness but hope to cover it all tomorrow. Seems your back after a break and thank goodness you are. I know you have read my short thread and I thank you for the comments. Lets make 2010 a good year. Best wishes.

Posted : 9th January 2010 12:41 am
winningpost
(@winningpost)

john. . As ex gambler jeff pointed out your advice on here was invaluable. Thanks for your post. Fri 8th jan i had no bet. . Keep it up mate we can do this.

Posted : 9th January 2010 1:19 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

well its still snowing not much going on bit gutted the hammers match called off tomorrow , might go for a quick pint and a jaw up the pub. cheers john.

Posted : 9th January 2010 2:13 pm
Page 13 / 15

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close