Life With Sports Bets Only

1,644 Posts
127 Users
0 Likes
147.6 K Views
(@tizzy1970)

Evening Captain,

Another early night for me! Last night’s babysitting didn’t go to plan. My Grandson woke at midnight for an hour. Then he was awake at 5am, now that’s early. That’s stupid o’clock! 

You haven’t graded your days of late? Is this a good thing? ?I felt better today. We all have our moments, don’t we? 

Yes!!!! I approve of the song “Christmas” initially I was going to give it a 9, but when I compare to others I’ve given a 9, it’s slightly below, so got to g9 with 8.5…. and hope I’m allowed half points ?

Thank you for the lovely, thoughtful Christmas card. Nice touch ?

So, what am I going to choose tonight?…….ummm ok, I’m going with Rocking around the Christmas Tree. 

I’m off for some much needed sleep ? 

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 6th December 2021 10:52 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Captain, 

Listening to Go light your world as I type this. Easy listening tune, but I haven’t heard it before. For that reason it’s hard to score it. I’ll abstain tonight. On saying that, I think if I listened to it more it would grow on me. ?

I knew your appointment with the bank must having been coming up, but didn’t want to mention it and remind you, or make you sad. The outcome doesn’t sound too bad? I assume it could have been loads worse. 

You know I understand how hard it is for you. Especially when you see/hear others of a similar age to you planning retirement or planning fabulous holidays. That wasn’t your path Captain. Have you ever considered helping other CG’s combat gambling sometime in the future? Some kind of volunteering role? You could certainly try and stop others taking the same path. 

We’ve started watching the second series of Departure. It’s not bad. It’s keeping us relatively entertained, even watched two episodes this evening. 

Okay, so my next choice…Underneath the tree. 

Night night BFF 

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 7th December 2021 11:47 pm
(@fml123)

Hi Captain,

I have read a lot of your diary today, what a journey. I saw that you had said that you want to help others but unsure if you can offer the right advice/relate because of your age. I would argue the opposite with the amount of experience you must have in life as well as this addiction. I would appreciate if you would read my diary if you have time and let me know what you think/ any tips of advice. No worries if you don't have time etc.

Cheers

Posted : 8th December 2021 4:02 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Mr abstainer! ? I did wonder if you’d know my last Christmas choice. It is a more recent one, it’s played lots on the music channels. I think it’s rather catchy myself ? Stop the Cavalry - it’s ok. I don’t dislike it, it just not one of my favourites!

I didn’t see Boris’s briefing this evening, but I read the key points. One being working from home again. Will that affect you? ??

So what are your plans over the festive period? Did you say you go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve? I know you said you spend Christmas Day (I think) with your Mother. An other traditions in Captains house? 

I’ve got 8.5 for Christmas Dinner, which is doable. I’ll be up by 6, prepping all the veg. I take the bowl into the front room, put the tv on - Christmas songs and sit there drinking coffee and peeling my sprouts! ? I’m not sure if I mentioned before, but we’re not doing gifts, my decision. Obviously we’ll buy for our Grandson. But in past years I’ve bought wine for my Mum and daughter, they buy wine for me. It’s just a circle. I don’t feel I need presents at all. It’s a chore wrapping them up. The only thing is, they do look pretty, that’s the only bit I miss. I know it sounds boring. But I just don’t need presents to make my Christmas great. I just need my family ❤️

My choice for tonight… Mary’s Boy Child. 

Night night,

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 9th December 2021 12:30 am
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Captain,

Yes I had noticed someone else posting on your diary. I can see you’re helping them. I think that it also helps you. Glad chat improved for you the other night too. I guess it depends on who is around and in which direction the chat goes. 

Apologies, I’ve never heard your hymn. So, yet again I can’t fairly score it. 

Not good about covid, infections are rising dramatically in our area. But good news for you re working at home ?

So do you do the cooking on Christmas Day, or does your Mother, or is it a joint venture? I really enjoy Christmas Eve. I will be cooking meats (apart from turkey) making cheese straws and sausage rolls. A friend wants me to make her a coffee cake which I will do and drop off in the afternoon. 

Sorry, I can’t remember, is your place of work having a Christmas get together? Did you manage to make your excuses? 

We’ve one episode of Departure (series 2) left to watch. Don’t know what we’ll do after that! What have you been watching of late? 

So I’ll leave you with tonight’s Christmas song choice…. Blue Christmas ? 

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 9th December 2021 11:31 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Captain,

I hope you’re feeling ok after the weekend. I know you’re going to have bad days, but I don’t like hearing you have ☹️

I’ve managed to stay away from playing online. I still venture out “shopping” I am more controlled about what I buy. Part of it is the knowing I can, even if I don’t. It’s hard to explain on here. There’s more I’d like to say but can’t. 

Dad is waiting the results of a bone MRI scan to check there is no infection still there. He is going to have to have a skin graft (after Christmas) and they dont want to do that and then find they have to open him up again! So, yet again, we’re hopeful he’ll be coming out very soon. He’s fed up now Captain, it’s been three weeks fgs!! 

Lonely this Christmas, yes, I can go with that. I’ll give that a 7/10. And my choice is A Winter’s Tale. ?

I hope you have a pleasant evening BFF,

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 13th December 2021 6:51 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Captain,

Glad to hear you’re feeling better after the weekend ?

We had some bad news today re my Dad. He has got infection in his bones. I think it is in the ribs (that’s where the pain was, and where infected wound was). He’s going to be transferred to a London hospital where they will operate/treat him. He won’t be home for Christmas. Mum and I had tears this afternoon. It’s not the news we were expecting. The thing is, it’s gone on for so long Captain. He was going weekly to the hospital to have the wound checked, but not one person picked up on this. If they had, he wouldn’t be in this position. He’s been through so much, he just deserves a break! Hopefully over the next few days we’ll find out more and when a plan is put in place hopefully we’ll all feel a tad better. My daughter said we’ll just have a quiet Christmas and have a second one when Dad gets out of hospital ❤️ 

So, as you can imagine, I’m feeling pretty s**t. My excitement for Christmas has dwindled. It won’t be the same for any of us. And quite honestly I’ll be glad to see the back of 2021! 

I like the Mariah classic, but, I’ve just heard it a little too much! She still gets a fat 8/10.

My choice tonight, I’ll be home for Christmas….wishful thinking for my Daddy ❤️

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 14th December 2021 11:28 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Morning Captain,

Thanks for your thoughtful post, and the hugs ? 

I was feeling rather sorry for myself last night. Even played “I’ll be home for Christmas” even though I knew it would make me cry. 

I’m not going shopping. It would be so easy to. But quite honestly, right now, if I spent all my money = no more shopping I’d be devastated. I wouldn’t be able to handle that feeling along with worry for my Dad. 

The event at your local park sounds ok. I’m glad it’s something that you enjoy. As you say, it will make a change. I can’t believe how near Christmas is now. It’s like this every year. There’s 3 weeks to go, you blink and there’s a week to go! 

Last Christmas I’ll score 8/10. It’s another classic (there are sooooo many) I’ll opt for “Stay another day”………

Have a good day Captain,

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 15th December 2021 10:44 am
(@tizzy1970)

Evening Captain,

Sorry to hear the event at your local park got cancelled. I agree, it sounds OTT as things are mostly outside. People do need to take responsibility, like our gambling addiction, COVID ain’t going away any time soon! Glad the church services are going ahead. 

I don’t know what’s going on with my Dad. Apparently the London hospital don’t want to take him - they want/need to know more. They could possibly send a surgeon down to Dads local hospital. But, now they’re saying his bloods have come back good and maybe the antibiotics he’s on are fighting the infection, so he may not have to have the op. Obviously the latter sounds great, but I’m not convinced. I mean, he had an MRI scan last Saturday, and that confirmed the infection. Previously I had faith in the docs Captain, but seeing what Dads been through, going weekly, having them look at his wound and continually say “it’s coming along”… then to find ourselves where we are now, well, who can blame me losing faith! Hopefully we’ll know more on Monday.?

I can’t believe a week today will be Christmas Eve. That’s my favourite. I may have mentioned that before. It’s all to come. I just love the feel. And now I guess I’m really hoping Dad will be home for Christmas. 

I don’t know too much about your kind of betting. But I do know the “cashing out” is a more recent thing. I guess it gives the gambler another “difficult” option! 

Gambling dictates our moods. That’s why I’m not going shopping atm. If I were to go and spend all my money I’d know I couldn’t go again for a while, and I’d just feel P**P. 

I’ll give your song choice 6/10. It’s ok. I’ll go for a really golden oldie in White Christmas. I love the film. And the song is definitely another classic. 

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 18th December 2021 12:16 am
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Captain,

No news on Dad, fingers crossed tomorrow they’ll tell him he can come home for Christmas ?

I have started to feel more festive. We went to a couple of supermarkets today and got a few crucial bits - bits that I want good dates on etc. We have a delivery tomorrow and a collection on Thursday ????

I’ve wrapped my Grandson’s presents, all cards are written and sent - I hope we haven’t forgotten anyone ?

This week is really going to fly! Are you working up until Friday? Are you feeling very festive? Happy/ish? Does your Mother live far from you? Will you have to pick her up Christmas Day? 

Do you continually think of gambling like you used to? Do you go hours without thinking about it? I don’t know how long I go without thinking about it, not very long I don’t think. 

I hate Cliff Richard Christmas songs with a passion. Sometimes I do find myself unknowingly singing along, but they really don’t “do it” for me. So, bearing that in mind, it’s a 3/10! ? My next choice, Baby it’s cold outside. 

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 20th December 2021 7:31 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Captain, 

You were awake at a strange time! Although I must confess I’m awake on and off throughout the night. Another one of those wonderful things that happens as you get older! I lay here thinking, sometimes worrying…. That’s something I’ve only done as I’ve got older too! What is was like to be young and carefree eh?

You sound all “festived” up Mr Captain, I like. But you’re right, we see it very differently. I wish I saw it like you. For me, as Boxing Day comes to an end I feel quite sad. Sad that, well, that’s it for another year. We celebrate New Years Eve, but it’s not really a big thing in our family. I rarely make it to midnight these days!

Another blow today. My Daughter tested positive for covid. She’s since done a PCR and awaits confirmation. Obviously that’ll mean she won’t be coming Christmas, nor will my little Grandson. She was so looking forward to coming here. The sad thing is, she rarely goes out. She works from home and is extremely careful when she goes to any shops etc. But, it was her works do on Friday. Her friend from work also tested positive on a lateral flow test, so not looking good. She currently has no symptoms and just yesterday had her booster! 

No friggin update on Dad either. Goodness knows what’s going on. I just hope we will get news tomorrow ?

So all in all Captain I’m feeling a bit fed up. I’m sure I’ll feel better in the morning. And as long as everyone is ok, we can always postpone family get togethers can’t we? 

I don’t dislike Christmas Carols, but, I don’t see them the same as songs. On saying that I know most of the words to many carols….. that comes from Christmas carolling many many years ago ? So, I’ll give your choice a 6/10. I’ll also carry on with the carols and opt for Away in a Manger, I’d definitely give that an 8, possibly a 9!

Sweet dreams BFF,

Tizzy xxx

This post was modified 2 years ago by Miss Marple

Posted : 21st December 2021 11:45 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Captain,

How disappointing to find out the present you sent is damaged! Sadly I think a lot of the delivery companies don’t really care. I believe the drivers get paid per delivery, so they’ll just try to get through as many as possible. But it’s not good enough! I hope you’ll contact them and get reimbursed. 

My Daughter is still awaiting confirmation from the PCR test that she has covid, but I think it’s highly likely. 

Dad on the other hand saw a doctor this morning who informed him that the Nurse would come to change his dressings tomorrow, and if all is well he can go home. Not sure what the plan is for the New Year, but hopefully that will be made clear before he is discharged. Fingers crossed it’ll happen, but nothing surprises me anymore!

I’m glad to hear you’re looking forward to your time off. And that you’ll spend it watching Christmasy films and listening to festive music. 

I haven’t heard Candlelight Carol before. It sounded ok. I’ll abstain from scoring once again ? I’ll keep on the carols theme and opt for O Little town of Bethlehem. 

Have a good evening Captain,

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 22nd December 2021 5:23 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hi Captain,

Well, it’s Christmas Eve, Eve! We picked up shopping today, plenty of desserts ?

My Daughter has had her covid confirmed. Fortunately she’s still ok, just has a little sniffle. Fingers crossed that won’t change. 

Dad hasn’t come home. I was feeling pretty peed off, then thus afternoon he messaged to say hopefully tomorrow. There sounds to be more of a plan this time re discharge, tablets etc, so I’m keeping every part of my body crossed ???

I value our friendship too Captain. It’s nice having someone there to talk to who understands. And being of a similar age is nice too ?

I understand the panicked feeling you get. And I’m glad you’re able to calm yourself down again and look at things in a better light. Sometimes when I feel down, I did just this morning about Dad, I let the tears out, take a deep breath, try and put things in perspective and generally I feel better. Then we got the news about tomorrow, and that obviously made me feel better still. 

Yes, we’ve watched “You don’t know me”….. it wasn’t bad (so many fall into that category) I think it was possibly better in the first couple of episodes, let me know your thoughts after you’ve watched it all. The main actor was in the other drama we watched on ITV recently wasn’t he? Can’t remember what is was called now, watched so many lol.

Apologies Captain, but again I’ve not heard “It Came Upon the Midnight Clear”, but “Another Rock n Roll Christmas” of course, although you don’t hear it now because of what he did. Putting that to one side I’ll score the song a comfortable 8/10. It’s getting difficult now, need to put my thinking cap on… ??? ahhh yes, another of my favourites… “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”…… beautiful song. I used to watch Knots Landing, it was a spin off from Dallas (I know you’ll remember that) and anyway, in the last ever episode everything fell into place at the end, as it always does in those kinds of programmes, and it ended with that song playing (it was Christmas time obvs) so that song always reminds me of Knots Landing. A bit of useless info for you there BFF. 

I’m now going to continue watching Cinderella on BBC. 

Tizzy xxx

This post was modified 2 years ago by Miss Marple

Posted : 23rd December 2021 5:13 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Captain,

Merry Xmas, I'm hoping Santa gonna come down my chimney with a copy of Paul Merson's book.

Best Wishes

AL

Posted : 24th December 2021 11:50 pm
(@tizzy1970)

Hello!

Merry Christmas to my good friend Captain. We’ve had some laughs, some banter and of course spoken about serious issues too over the past eight months. I’ve really enjoyed it.?

I hope the Church service was good this evening and that you’re feeling good. 

Dad was finally let out at 6pm this evening. It’s definitely a case of better late than never as there were still doubts this morning! I’m not sure what the plan is going forward, but for now, well, we’re going to enjoy Christmas. 

I am exhausted. I’m clearly getting old! I’ve cooked beef, gammon and pork today. I made a friend a coffee cake. I made an apple t**t, sausage rolls and cheese straws. After today, tomorrow will be a walk in the park! 

I need my sleep, but I wanted to check in with you and of course wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope the day with your Mother is a good one ?

Have you seen Love Actually? It’s one of my favourite films, I love it. We watched it last night. I’ve seen it many times before, but OH not really watched it before. I think he quite enjoyed it. For the record, I used to quite like Dynasty too ?

Anyway, speak soon,

Tizzy xxx

Posted : 25th December 2021 12:14 am
Page 102 / 110

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close