My Diary

48 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
David
(@d122010)
Topic starter

Not been on here a while but I'm not returning with bad news. 2020 has been a million miles better than 2019 so far and I have made some changes in my life, some I'm sticking toto 100%, some are a little tougher but I'll get there. The one I'm having real problems with is cutting out biscuits/chocolate - my new addiction (I say only half joking).

I am currently off gambling, caffeine (drink decaf tea), alcohol and I feel much better for it.

I try to mediate, exercise, stretch and fast for 12 hours everyday, which I do most days but need to try and be more consistent.

So overall I'm happy with the progress made in 2020 but I do want to get rid off as much sugar as I feel that will help improve life also and I do eat far too many biscuits, chocolate bars etc.

So I figure gamcare helped me quit gambling so let's see what it can do to biscuits! 

Day 1 NO BISCUITS!! 

Posted : 17th March 2020 8:55 am
David
(@d122010)
Topic starter

By the way just want to say in no way am I demeaning gamcare or gambling as an addiction or anything like that, I've been a member since 2010 (2011 on this account) I have struggled with gambling and reached some very low, lows. Thankfully I'm climbing out of the hole I'm in and feeling much better.

So back to biscuits I genuinely want to cut back on sugar and feel that by using this diary it will help and it has, its day 3 and I'm going to keep going. By knowing I'll have to admit to succumbing to temptation and start the count again keeps me strong.

So it may sound a bit stupid but I wanted this year to stop alcohol, caffeine and sugar and I've stopped 2 out of 3 and want it to be 3 out of 3 at some point. So day 3 - no biscuits. 

Posted : 20th March 2020 2:11 am
David
(@d122010)
Topic starter

I just updated my profile after a long time away. I'll share it here just I am proud of how far I have come but still with a long way to go, with more goals and dreams to bring to life...

I can't quite believe it's been over 3 years. I am a totally different person now as to the one I was when I was a gambler. I prioritise my self care and development. By looking after myself and really changing I am confidently able to say, gambling is no longer a problem for me and I am happy to be free from it. 

Nothing changes if nothing changes, is something I read on gamcare and that phrase alone I think is one of the most powerful and really only one you need. Change is needed, it can be done and it feels great to be free. I don't say this to brag in any way, only to show a positive story and someone coming out the other side, it can be done and now I have no regrets on gambling as its made me who I am, which I believe is a better person than if I never gambled.

Thanks for reading and best wishes to you on your journey to a new and better life.

Posted : 16th August 2022 11:02 am
Page 4 / 4

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close