My diary, gambling free from 1st Dec 2016

127 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hello Mixer and welcome. I can feel your determination through your diary and wish you all the best. It's still early days for me 69 but already I feel so much better. The key things for me were the blocks in place, willpower, determination and support. When the urges come keep yourself busy and they will pass. Read the diaries on here for inspiration, it's proof that it can be done. Best wishes x

Posted : 6th December 2016 12:07 am
Kerblam
(@kerblam)

Hey mixer, sorry for the belated reply on your diary!!

I'm not gonna let you down. We're all in this together but I'm here for the very long haul if you are.

Total honesty my end guaranteed. Even a £2 scratchcard (which I havent)

I do still continue to do the bingo in work but it's a quid a week so I'm guessing that's ok?

Be strong.

Posted : 6th December 2016 5:26 am
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Hi KP, I'm genuinely pleased to hear you're sticking with this and not going to gamble today. It puts a spring in my step, because we are all in this together.

I'm in a lottery syndicate at work, £2 a month or something. I'm keeping that because it's not gambling in my book; I simply look at it as a kind of club and will leave that in situ. Some fellow readers may disagree, but that's where I've personally drawn the line.

KP, scratch cards most certainly counts as gambling so do not buy one.

I'm not sure about this bingo you subscribe to. You know, KP, if it's gambling or not.

I would like to ask you, KP, have you noticed there's extra cash in your pocket, or your bank balance is a little 'ahead' of where you might expect it to be?

If so, is this a nice feeling? Just imagine, even with the small amount you've saved so far, you could take your son for a really exciting day out. Now I don't know his age, but what about a train trip somewhere, a children's play centre, the zoo etc. Can you imagine his delight? His face lighting up? Wow.

How's that for inspiration and how he'll can't wait to see you each time if every time you're together is like that!

And your ex will gain some respect for you. Look; even if you don't get back together surely it would be better to be friends again.

Better than a buzzing, beeping, thieving box every time, surely....

We are not here for tea and sympathy KP. We are here to stop. Now. A mix of practical steps will help, along with a reawakening of what really matters whilst we live the short time we have on this planet.

Posted : 6th December 2016 7:39 am
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Anon, thank you for your kind words. I've left a message on your diary.

Posted : 6th December 2016 7:52 am
Kerblam
(@kerblam)

Hi mix, I'm not gambling I'm in bed, working nights and we are doing this together.

This bingo we do is £1 a week, pick 7 numbers from the lottery and first man to mark his line off takes the pot. I don't see it as gambling per se.

And yes, bank balance is ahead too!

As for a day trip out with the kids, I've let them down in the past because I've gambled the money away. I can't hurt them like this anymore.

Be strong my friend.

Posted : 6th December 2016 1:10 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Hi KP

The bingo thing seems harmless enough to me. And glad you're ahead financially. Cash in your pocket!

I'm not ahead because of my last binge on Nov 30th. In fact, I'm coming up to a bad time when I would think about another binge. However, I am not going to gamble a penny.

Let's keep this going. I am going to hit Day 100 and you are going to join me on here as we both hit our centuries.

Posted : 6th December 2016 9:03 pm
franco1875
(@franco1875)

Thanks for the message of support Mixer, wish I had some of your positivity, good luck mate.

Posted : 6th December 2016 9:18 pm
(@Anonymous)

Our one week mark tomorrow..congratulations my friend. Think of how positive we are both going to feel in one months time.. 1st Jan 2017.

Posted : 6th December 2016 10:39 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

And my I pass on my congratulations to you Katiecoo. I am not going to let you down and Iknow you are not going to let me down either! Roll on a happy New Year!

Posted : 6th December 2016 11:03 pm
(@Anonymous)

Congrats on 1 week for tomorrow, positivity is great to see on here!

Posted : 6th December 2016 11:17 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Thnaks Brandon, although it's a hollow victory due to the nature of my addiction (periodic binges). If I get to Day 30 - and I'm going to, along with some fellow ex-gamblers I've had the pleasure to meet on here, and they know who they are - then that'll be worth a celebration. And I wish you continued success, Brandon.

Posted : 6th December 2016 11:24 pm
(@Anonymous)

You'll get there mate, don't put any doubt in your own mind. I'm gonna hit 200 days, 1 year, 2 years. Not if....when...

Posted : 6th December 2016 11:35 pm
Kerblam
(@kerblam)

Well done mix, a week!! I knew you could do it.

Please keep going pal I'm with you all the way.

We CAN and we WILL

Posted : 6th December 2016 11:48 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

I am NOT going to let you down KP. And I know you are not going to let me down either. Let's both remember; it's a BOX. Real life and real people are much, much more interesting. We are not those sorry looking saps talking to a flashing box any more. Not us.

Posted : 6th December 2016 11:55 pm
Change
(@change)

C'mon Mixer lad! You're doing great! Keep going!

Posted : 6th December 2016 11:58 pm
Page 3 / 9

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close