0 Likes
12.9 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Hello Diary

Day 27 and life is good.

I will jump on the scales at weekend to see how my diet is progressing. I checked on Tuesday after two days and had lost nothing. That was a bit disappointing.

Limbered up and ready for tonights ten pin bowling.

I think there is a group booking of 14 of us, from the club I go to on wednesday evenings. It should be fun.

2 games and a meal costing only fourteen fifty so that seems like a real bargain.

Last night was brilliant. The singer was an amazing lady with an awesome voice and everybody was giving it loads on the dancefloor.

Love and best wishes to all on the diaries

Stephen x 

Posted : 20th February 2020 5:33 pm
(@vinnie)

Hope you have a lovely night ,  ?

Posted : 20th February 2020 7:19 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Good morning Stephen,

warmest congratulations on reaching 4 weeks gamble free today my friend x

Posted : 21st February 2020 8:05 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Zoe & Murlo for visiting my diary.

Ten pin bowling was good last night. Fifteen of us. We had 3 lanes and teams were chosen randomly so people got to know each other and everyone seemed to be having fun. A drink and a little meal included in the price. Two of us veggie but the manager made sure we were catered for. All in all a very pleasant evening.

It is forecast to be a chilly weekend in the UK so hope everyone is safe and warm and if anyone happens to be basking in a tropical paradise than I send you my love and best wishes also. 

Four weeks gamble free and Stephen keeps on rocking

A man who floundered in stormy seas but now his ship is docking

No more for him them crazy days spent in cruel deception

For now he walks with head held high 

In search of his redemption

Love and best wishes to all on the diaries

Stephen x 

Posted : 21st February 2020 7:02 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Stephen,

Fantastic achievement, be proud be strong & keep moving forward. Life can be so wonderful free from addiction.

Best Wishes

AL

Posted : 22nd February 2020 1:35 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Al for those kind words and congratulations on your excellent progress. It is inspiring to see you clocking up them gamble free days. 

Hello Diary

Just been sitting here thinking!

I suppose I am similar to many people on the diaries in that I have highs and lows regarding aspects of my life. One day I may see a future full of hope and opportunity whereas on another day everything might seem a little bleak. 

Fortunately feeling good at the moment and the future seems to be full of opportunities.

Admittedly I may have failed in the past but that should not and will not be allowed to prevent me from succeeding in the future.

☆ ☆ ☆ "One Day At A Time" ☆ ☆ ☆ is my philosophy."

If all the gamblers were laid in a straight line, head to toe and stretched around the world than very few people would be gambling!

Love and best wishes if anyone is still awake

Nite nite sweet dreams

Stephen x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 22nd February 2020 2:14 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Hello Diary.

Life is good. 

Diet coming along nicely. Started last weekend and so far have lost 2lbs.

Cinema tomorrow (David Copperfield).

Love and best wishes to everyone on the diaries.

Stephen x 

Posted : 22nd February 2020 11:37 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Hello Diary

I must tell the truth or it will haunt me for evermore.

This afternoon I went on a bus over the river to Barton and gambled. I really didn't want to start recovery at day one again so I was not going to mention it but than it would just be making a mockery of both my diary and my efforts to stop gambling. Plus it would have been disrespectful to my gamcare friends.

I have sufficient until payday next Thursday because I had the foresight to put money on a tesco gift card and deposit some into an instant savings account.

I can easily get by without the money I put in the machines but it annoys me that I have given it to the betting shops. It would have been better just to give it to a charity or some other worthwhile cause.

Sorry friends.

I will start a new diary.

Love and best wishes 

Stephen x 

-------------------DIARY TERMINATED -------------

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 23rd February 2020 12:53 am
Page 7 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close