Starting again.

980 Posts
87 Users
0 Likes
57.5 K Views
(@Anonymous)

Hi,

diary, well I am in another dark place today and only got myself to blame. On one hand, I did self exclude from my local? I'm not blaming the bookies, they told me that it's my responsibility to ensure I don't gamble. I find the self exclusion helpful, but primitive in the fact they have to take a photo from you? My point is,I'm pretty sure I aready went through this process and after all these two bookies are a stones throw away from eachother, and same company. I think I have become a bit of a mess lately and will try to solve this day by day. I noticed a hell of a lot of people have self excluded and realize that I am no different, it is a disease that I have failed to recgonise until I lose.

I still have my sanity and luck is just something that doesnt involve skill, therefore, I have become a lazy b*****d and would like to reach out and regain control of my life.

Posted : 21st October 2014 11:23 pm
duncan.mac
(@duncan-mac)

Fella

The doors of recovery revolve

A wiser fella than myself said it does not matter how many times you walk through them it is what you learn each time you do.

Keep peeling back the layers my friend

Never give up giving up.

Regards self exclusion

It is a bare minimum system to do the least to simply comply to their own regulations

I love it,I carry photo copies of pictures and self exclude whenever I see a new bookies

Why??

You walk in a winner and walk out a bigger one.

Now it took twenty years of walks of shame for me to see it.

I hope it doesn't take that long for your penny to drop!!!

Be kind to your self

Abstain and maintain

Duncs stepping forward never back

Posted : 23rd October 2014 4:44 pm
(@Anonymous)

Well well,

I am back to the land of the gambler, after six months of abstaining I have broken the rules and lost some money. Good news is I want to recover from this demon that has taken its place yet again. I have been feeling down about home issues lately and believe I used it as an excuse to slip into gambling. I need to come out fighting.

Posted : 1st June 2015 6:13 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi 1more try. I have lost count of the excuses I used in my head to slip back into gambling. Bad day, argument, payday, bills, family issues, but at the end of the day I was just being selfish and thinking about myself and not the effect it had on my entire life, family, friends, financially. So stay fighting and show that demon it wont have a hold on you and eventually we can watch it wither away and become part of our past and not future. take care Mary

Posted : 1st June 2015 8:15 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi hope all is well just been reading through your diary you hit it spot on in your last post I was gamble free for 10 yr before my last relapse every excuse I could make in truth it was just am escape an escape from what we'll I haven't truly figgered that out but now on day 100 the best part to believe is If you never give up on giving up one day you'll get a step ahead .... on here the advice is emense blockers a must and finding that music high when things make you happy you tend not to be dragged in by Mr g
You can do it one day at a time and small steps you will crave it and I can't promise fighting the urges isn't hard but just one day at a time
best wishes and good luck x

Posted : 1st June 2015 10:13 pm
Page 66 / 66

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close