[Closed] Stephen Stopped Gambling Saturday 22nd February 2020

367 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
41.8 K Views
(@vinnie)

Just popped over to say again . 
a big well done on your three month mark ? ? ? 

im so proud of how far you have come. You really have a special place in my heart ?

Posted : 22nd May 2020 9:16 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen thank you for my song and well done on 3 mths you are such a inspiration for me and l love that you always are thinking of us take care and hope you sleep well my friend                    
 Nick  ???❤️

Posted : 22nd May 2020 9:34 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks Zoe & Scotty ???‍♀️

It feels good being 3 months GF and I am reasonably confident that I can rebuild my life. It wont happen overnight but I will get there with a little help from good friends like yourselves.

Wishing everyone a super duper weekend.

Stephen x x x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 23rd May 2020 12:57 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen we were missing the The fourth Musketeer tonight I hope you are ok and had and nice relaxing day it’s been I bit windy today in wales                     
  Take care scotty I think I put ( Nick ) last night i hope you knew it was me                   
 Your friend scotty ??

Posted : 23rd May 2020 9:43 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for that post Scotty which brought a big smile to my face ?  The Four Musketeers ? haha.

Morning Diary.

A lovely day in Hull. Overcast but warm and dry with a strong wind. Excellent weather for a walk to the waterfront.

Impressed with the recent words of wisdom from Vinnie & the delightful poem that Stace posted so thought I would have a go:

Some days might be happy but others may be sad

I threw away my hard earned cash which made me feel real bad

But them awful days are gone now for I don't bet no more

And over time my self esteem has roots and starts to grow

And I found this short rhyme which appears to have been written by the Buddah:

I see you all repenting so hear the Buddah's call

No more crazy gambling friends - its time to rock n roll

Up here on a mountain top somewhere in Tibet

My message to you gamcare dudes is please don't have a bet

Wishing everyone a super duper Sunday

Stephen x x x 

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 24th May 2020 10:14 am
(@adam123)

Hi Stephen, wanted to pop by and say evening, well done on three months its not an easy feet.  Let's plan to be sitting in over Christmas and new years toasting to our success over 2020, to show us that anything is possible if we put our minds to it.  Bal will toast with a JD and coke over new years eve me with a coke and you with ur favourite tipple.  Let's not think about bookies from now on they are in the past and we know not to look back too much.  Let's just live each day the same humble way we don't need masses of cash so let's not strive to seek it as we cab live happy lives with what we have as we have soo much already.  Adam xx

Posted : 24th May 2020 7:26 pm
(@vinnie)

Good night stephen ?

Posted : 24th May 2020 11:51 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Zoe. Hope you are feeling ok.

Saddened to read of our friends relapse which has come as a big surprise. 

Gambling is horrendous. Not only does it take away hard earned money but it robs people of self respect and causes untold suffering to addicts and their loved ones.

I am struggling to get my head around it to be honest.

Stephen x 

Posted : 25th May 2020 12:59 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Sorry Zoe.

I was getting my names mixed up! Thought somebody had relapsed who hasn't. I get confused quite easily.

Wishing you a peaceful sleep and the sweetest of sweet dreams.

Stephen x 

Posted : 25th May 2020 1:09 am
(@vinnie)

Good morning stephen , 

I read the same post and thought the same , so your not in your own getting confused...

the suns out today so should be a nice walk to the pier , I will be cleaning then taking vin for stroll to . 
hope you have a lovely day and will catch u on chat later ?

Posted : 25th May 2020 10:56 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

I just seen your post I thought it was me too ?I think I Will change to banana dogg what do you vinnie and Lively  think or you pick one hope you are all ok will be on chat later scotty ??

Posted : 25th May 2020 12:18 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for posting on my diary Zoe & Banana Dogg. Pleased you are both well.

Great to see you in the chatroom Zoe, before you went off to do some stripping in the garden ?? I feel sure the coffee table will look super when you have applied the varnish.

Our very good friend Lively popped in the room for a chat afterwards. I will forever be indebted to you both for all the support and encouragement you have given me over recent months. You are two wonderful ladies and I thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

Wishing everyone a super duper Monday.

Stephen x x x 

Posted : 25th May 2020 2:19 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

A beautiful day here in heavenly Hull. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the betting shops are all closed ??.

I honestly believe that the time has come for me to be finally rid of the scourge of gambling. I do not need it in my life and view it with nothing but contempt.

Gamcare friends have played a massive part in my recovery to date and I feel sure that with their continued support I will achieve my dream of being gamble free.

I came across this quote earlier and would like to share it: 

A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden 

Love and best wishes for a jolly Tuesday

Stephen x x x

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 26th May 2020 12:29 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen

Just popping by to say hello and thank you for your posts on my diary. The weather has been glorious so I hope you had a lovely evening stroll by the river. 

I loved reading your diary post today. It was full of energy and so positive, which makes me very happy. I do believe that this is our time Stephen and that we can do this together - one day at a time! 

I loved your quote about friends and it is very true of real friends. I thought I would share one I found which I thought was fitting. 

‘Good company in a journey can make the way seem shorter’

Sweet dreams!

Lively ?

Posted : 27th May 2020 12:39 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Lively for those kind and encouraging words. I love the quote:

"Good company in a journey can make the way seem shorter."

The closure of the betting shops has helped me a great deal but what has had the biggest influence on my recovery is the support of my wonderful gamcare friends. God bless you all.

Wishing everyone a super duper Thursday

Stephen x x x 

Posted : 28th May 2020 12:12 pm
Page 17 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close