1167 days and not gambled.

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)
Topic starter

Hello everyone, 

New years eve.. I wish you all a successful year of overcoming gambling. 

It's been tough to overcome, I accepted the counselling that was offered here.

I also have all the stops in place where it is impossible for me to gamble.

Three years and 19 days, I had a almost wobble where I was absolutely desperate to gamble rung a well known bingo site and asked if I could join, thank god I have the 5 year ban, was told I have another 3 yrs so it was smack in the middle of the lockdowns when I started getting that anxious feeling that I had to sabotage myself in losing the money I had saved.

What I do now might seem compulsive, as now I check my bank account 3 or 5 times a day, I know down to the last penny where my money is, I keep records of it on notepad, what goes in and out of the bank and my purse. 

I've saved up enough for a deposit for a mortgage, bought a car outright, even paid in full a funeral plan which might sound odd but just being in control of myself keeping me going. 

I hope when I hit the 5th year I don't fall back as I did when I hit 3rd year the last time, although I didn't have any stops in place then. 

I only really logged in to see my days counter I'm happy with that. 

Keep going, it's tough but worth it. 

Keep safe ? ❤️. 

Posted : 31st December 2021 5:35 am
(@lewisboe)

Well done!! How did you impose a 5 year ban as I feel this is something I will benefit from? 

Posted : 31st December 2021 11:15 am
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)
Topic starter

When you fill in the gamstop I think I had 2 options 3yr and 5yr. I think they should change it to life but I was told 5 years is the max.

Thank you. 

Ring helpline ask for counselling, I had a lady ring me every Tuesday. 

If you are ready go to gamstop. 

Wish you a great year of all your dreams coming true. Make it happen. Xx

Posted : 31st December 2021 2:03 pm
(@marandu)

Good job,keep going man

Posted : 1st January 2022 11:00 pm
(@m0salah123)

That’s a great effort you should be proud! This isn’t an easy journey! Just out of interest and this may sound a stupid question! But does it get easier overtime? Like the urges to gamble become less? You think about gambling less? 

Posted : 3rd January 2022 4:30 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close