4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
tamber12
(@tamber12)
Topic starter

Hi all . After 40 years of addiction I find myself looking for support. Been Ga . Had counselling. You name it I tried it. went bankrupt almost 20years ago through gambling.kept gambling on and off all through my life. Stakes getting bigger and bigger. Then out of the blue I started having success, kept winning for about 20 months. Don’t get me wrong, I was out of control. But just having a bit of luck. Never ever lasted this long before though.well I started taking big hits. And lost a small fortune. So I said enough is enough. Blocked my self from all online betting. It was a case of having to otherwise I would have dug the hole far to deep.well that was just over 6 months ago. Never ever gone that long without a bet.as a sports fan I still watched it. And my predictions were far more right than wrong. then came the failure 2 bets in successive days. Loosing.2.6k I now admit I cannot win. I have no control over it. So now I begin again. Sitting here with sorrow. Disappointment and shame. With support and Gods help I can do this. Thanks for listening.

Posted : 16th March 2019 6:47 pm
anon1982
(@anon1982)

Hi tamper,

Welcome to the site and well done for seeking help. This addiction is evil and so many of us have hit rock bottom on too many occasions and gone back to it. The most important thing is never stop quitting trying to quit. It's a tough journey and I wish you well and hope we both find something to fill our time with something more purposeful then gambling.

Can I ask what stops/barriers you've put in place this time?

Bex

Posted : 17th March 2019 2:08 am
tamber12
(@tamber12)
Topic starter

Hi Bex. Thanks for reply. I can no longer bet on line. Which is a plus. Being faceless and just pressing buttons is the real danger. However the slip up this time was in the bookies.i really think the authority’s should not allow us to use bank cards in these shops. Yes you can still go the cash point but your restricted to what you get out.i am not a wealthy man but find my self betting 3 figure plus. The only thing that keeps me out the bookies is feeling a proper clown after losing.so rarely use the same one twice after losing. I do feel strong at the moment. But feel a bit of support will help me get beyond the six months achieved a short while ago. Thankfully I am not in debt this time. Mainly because after going bankrupt I refuse to have credit.2 days in, we go again. This time to succcesfully beat this addiction.!Gal

Posted : 17th March 2019 2:21 pm
tamber12
(@tamber12)
Topic starter

7 days gamble free! Long way to go, but every journey starts with a step.

Posted : 22nd March 2019 8:55 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close