Where To Start

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

As the title suggests not really sure how to approach this anymore, I’ve tried and failed on numerous occasions to give up on gambling, things have changed recently with the birth of my son now 9 months old, I guess I’m lucky and should be happy with everything I have, amazing family beautiful home amazing partner, my mind is just always sidetracked by gambling, I’m constantly chasing that big win, its taking up so much time and I guess money too, the bad beats hurt just two weeks ago I placed £100 on McIlroy winning the golf for him to miss a cut and now tonight I sit watching the golf after not backing him and watch him not only win but beat my bet into second, it brings anger out in me, that would have been the win I’m craving and for what? I think I just crave an easy life. With money I remain as tight as asthma yet I still gamble freely, i’m just unsure how to get out of this rut, how to change my mindset, I feel I need to give it up or limit myself but I just struggle every time.. could anyone offer any advice on how I should approach things. Thanks all

Posted : 19th March 2018 12:02 am
degenerate
(@degenerate)

I am the same. I watched horses that let me down in small races go on to win better races and it infuriated me. Watching races where I didnt have a bet was annoying too. I seem to be awesome at tipping when I dont put money on. Unfortunately, I lose all my money every payday again and again when I have a bet. Only thing that makes things easier is giving up watching any horse racing. I stumble by watching the odd meeting and it only leads to more gambling thoughts. I would try give it up and not bother with limiting yourself. Staying busy and limiting access to money will help.

Posted : 25th March 2018 2:15 pm
(@Anonymous)

It's always a big win that gets us hooked initially. We then need another bigger win, because what we previously felt was a big win, is now no longer big enough. We go through cycles of wins and losses, but each time we hit a big win, all the future stakes will have to be even higher. This escalation is endless because we are never happy. I do not bet, not because I fear losing, but because I fear winning. The wins mess with my head far more than the losses ever do.

Posted : 25th March 2018 4:39 pm
(@Anonymous)

I’m in the same position, kept on losing and difficult to get out. I started with closing the online gambling accounts I have just yesterday and try to look for something to do which I find difficult as I spend most of my free time chasing that big win

Posted : 25th March 2018 7:04 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close