2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30.7 K Views
Murlo
(@murlo)

Glad you are feeling a little easier Adam. I find writing my thoughts down really helpful. It gives me somewhere to park them rather than dwell on them. No harm in giving it a go. Sleep well my friend x

Posted : 8th February 2020 10:15 pm
DramaLlama
(@dramallama)

You take good care of you Adam. You are a bright spark. You brighten up my day when you pop in chat full of beans and hugs and character. 

I wish you well. 

Drama x

Posted : 8th February 2020 11:34 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thanks murlo and drama I've had a good sleep and got a couple of bits to do today but feeling more energised sleep is important.

Posted : 9th February 2020 3:16 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Ive done some housework then organised my filling cabinet, room is looking sharper and feeling a lot better, I slept from 10pm till 1pm really feel I needed it after Friday.  Had a think about what id done Friday night and really it just shows that im thinking about the problems we have at work and am concerned about the environment so really its not a bad thing and the reply I got from my manager yesterday was positive so nothing to worry about.  Think I need to worry a lot less about things, lifes going well, im healthy now and not stressing myself out with gambling at all, lots to be thankful for.  If I look back to ten ears ago boy my life has changed soo much, the only negative thing is my wages have dropped from 18000 to 11000 a year, but if you think about money too much it can take over your life.  I know this from experience I was living life thinking about hether I was twenty pounds down there or twenty pounds up there or sending twenty pounds on this and saving twenty pounds by nt going out and doing this.....theres lots to be said about not thinking too much about money after all its man made and in my opinion most of the best things on earth are not man made they were here before us and we just have to appreciate them in all their glory.... with that in mind I went to Sheffield park and enjoyed some glorios natural bueaty in a garden.  Heres to my 2020 not gambling objective one /12 months achieved and lots to be thankful for.... thanks for the support over the past month everyone!!!! it really helped get me thru it..... Objectie for this month one swim at least to relax me...… couple of viits to gym...…. not stress about work.....and to watch the mighty spurs in champs league heres hoping but Leipzig are second in german premier league so gonna be a tall order....

Posted : 9th February 2020 7:12 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary, hello Monday, start of the week safely negotiated.  Went to work then to gym.  Probably eating a bit too much at no so will cut back a bit.  Spoke briefly to manager and apologised for the Saturday email, but she said she was working anyway so it was all good.  That made me feel better.  Feeling good today after that, its funny how the smallest of things to one person can make the largest of differences to another persons life....  Just gonna make an effort to not take what people say so much to hart, I definitely think about things to much and for my health I've got to learn, over and out.

Posted : 10th February 2020 6:28 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Evening Adam,

You have a heart of gold my friend. I love reading your posts and miss them when you are not on your diary. I love your idea of setting monthly objectives, I think I may borrow that idea if I may ?

Posted : 10th February 2020 11:33 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Adam, your post on my diary means so much to me. Thank you so much. I love the idea of a month at a time. I think I will adopt that. You have been a huge part of my recovery so far. I have drawn so much from how you have transformed your life over the last few years and you have achieved so much more above stopping gambling. Thank you as ever xx

Posted : 11th February 2020 6:45 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

hi murlo thanks for popping by xxx your encouragement is great and just what I need!!! Im feeling really good today, went to work then to gym, three days of exercize in three days so far this week.  Tomo a day off exercize or maybe some at home.  Feeling really good at work today ive been pretty productive lately.  My meds have improved lately to once every three months and soo far only had a couple of voices over night....   Organised Thursday and Friday holiday days next week today so that I can have days off after spurs champions league game.  Will be good to watch all the games unfold....relly hoping for a shock surprise spurs win I can dream cant I.  Watched the joker last night and really enjoyed it although it was a bit dark in parts for me,,,, I enjoy light hearted films....  night diary lets see what tomo brings..

Posted : 12th February 2020 10:00 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Now you have just got me properly motivated Adam. You are right, let’s make this a memorable year. I will think of some monthly objectives and post them. Sleep well x

Posted : 12th February 2020 10:23 pm
(@boo-radley)

Hello Adam. Hope you OK. Just been to see Dolittle at cinema.. It was coulourful and lively.. 

Thought if you when saw 007 poster.. Not long now ? Boo 

Posted : 15th February 2020 6:20 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello murlo and boo, thanks for popping by! yes murlo I think setting objectives is the way to go but to put them in achievable bitesize chunks is even better to get you going..... ill let you into what ive written in my book that's sits by my bed for February: feb 2020 objectives:

go swimming

go to gym twice

spend under 100 pounds

worry less

keep sleeping plenty

don't get involved in petty gossip at work just say "I'm just here to work"

I'm pleased to see soo far ive achieved all of these objctives.

This book by ur bed can be where you park your ideas for the night, its particularly helpful for me as when I have voices over the night I can jot the ideas/and general basis down and hopefully be able to get to sleep after with the knowledge that I can think about them later or let my doctor know about them.....

hi boo yep 2nd april bond will be out and ill be seeing it on the first weekend. cant wait!!!

Soo much to look forward to really, films, football, rest, its what i live for!!!!!

I bought the latest tarrentino film today to watch tomo afternoon looking forward to that.

Posted : 15th February 2020 10:53 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

End of another weekend, I'm tucked up in bed, ready for another week.  Watched tarrentino film  wasn't his best but pretty good.... Spurs won in the dying seconds of the game which was great....arsenal tenth man u nineth what a season lol.. .saw a clip funnilly enough actually on Facebook about how milenials due to growing up with social media are struggling with relationships and jobs and are more prone to depression....they get dopamine from likes and texts and get their strength from that so when they don't get them they become vulnerable.... Well I don't know about that but I think society is relying on this technology too much

Posted : 16th February 2020 10:18 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Evening diary, another Monday done, only working three days this week so looking forward to a long weekend off, lots of footy to watch.....

Posted : 17th February 2020 8:18 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi adam,

Technology is a good thing as is social media. Until it's used for the wrong reasons. You hear horrific stories on the news about online bullying often leading to suicides & tales of self harm. When i was desperate to stop gambling i looked online & found Gamcare ( thank god ). I think we all have a duty to use it responsibly. It wasn't around when i was a kid, but as a recovering CG i have to ask myself " What Would I Be Doing Right Now Without It "

Best Wishes

AL

Posted : 17th February 2020 11:53 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Morning Adam,

just want to say how lovely it was to hear that you scored a goal at footy last night, really made me smile ?. I hope you enjoy having a long weekend off this week x

Posted : 19th February 2020 10:59 am
Page 5 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close