2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30.7 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Almost back at work again I start again on Tuesday.  A bit apprehensive as not been there for a while.  I'm sure it will be fine.  Had a lovely break (apart from the obvious pain).  I hope everyone is doing well thru this time and keeping healthy.  

Posted : 12th April 2020 2:23 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

First day back at work today, legs and arms pretty tired now. Will get an early night and rest up for tomo.  All is going fine recovery wise, up to day 137 today.  50 more days and I'll be on the half year mark horray will celebrate that day indeed.

Posted : 14th April 2020 7:07 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

End of another week, back to work tomo.  Spent today in my garden sunbathing was really nice.  Another gamble free week achieved.  Had a conference call with friends Friday night was really good to see then all.  Lots of beers for them and tea for me.  Went on from seven pm till eleven thirty lol.  There was talk of doing three peaks challenge over a weekend for Ross's fourtieth.  Not sure if I'll go lots of time to think about it its in October I think.  Good thing is it wouldn't be in a pub and club as usual and would be something totally different.  Have to think about it.  Star wars out on DVD tomo, gonna get it Wednesday when mum goes to sainsburys can't wait to see it again.  Been doing some decorating at work currently doing second floor corridors then onto outpatients next, quite enjoying it.

Posted : 19th April 2020 2:45 pm
(@boo-radley)

Hello Adam. I haven't been as active in gamcare of late with lockdown etc. We can't really get up to a lot of mischief can we. 

Just to let you know thinking of you and everyone good to read your are keeping OK. 

Love boo ???

Posted : 20th April 2020 11:08 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

thanks boo for popping by, hope ur keeping safe.  All the best.  Monday negotiated.  Had dinner and settling in to another night in.

Posted : 20th April 2020 6:29 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Just settling in watching star wars tonight, got it on DVD today really been looking forward to seeing it again!!!  Set up a quiz for some friends for Friday night, should be good fun.  Looking forward to the weekend sitting in the garden I'm hoping for some good weather.  Nothing to report on the gambling front all well and good.  Hopefully hit the 150 mark soon and then hit the half year mark after.  I really feel that once I've hit the year mark I can really turn a corner.  I'm looking to really devote time and energy into my mental and physical health.  With the not going to gym as its closed I thought I'd put on weight but with walking everyday I've actually lost weight well not on the scales but my stumach looks in better shape.  With my mental health I've been experiencing voices and having to go to bed early some nights to replace lost sleep but I seem to recover quickly too.  All the best adam

Posted : 22nd April 2020 6:30 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Well done on your physical progress and maintaining your recovery and for practising good self-care.  Maybe also use the support of the NHS if you are finding the voices or your sleeping cycle more challenging to manage lately.  You can always call us on the freephone or netline if you feel like a chat.

Take care,

Adam.

Posted : 22nd April 2020 10:08 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

End of another weekend, another week gamble free.  Much to be grateful for. ......

Posted : 26th April 2020 9:47 pm
(@Anonymous)

Adam,

Have rocked this journey with you for many years now I admire your honesty and grit mate.

You are a fighter and an achiever mate trying to combat addiction on many levels. 

You have my utmost respect.

Best

Posted : 26th April 2020 10:19 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi Bal and reminder thanks for the support, we have been thru a lot bal thru these years and u have been soo strong throughout with regards to the gamble free run and I have got stronger along the way.

I feel a lot more confident now but with confidence comes complacency, well it has in the past anway so I will keep my guard up.

With regards to gambling got invited to a online poker game from an old poker buddy, ive told him before that im on gamstop and not gambling anymore.  Not sure why he doesn't remember but it does my head in because its temptation that I don't need.  I told him that im on gamstop and that its a days wage that I will not be wasting.  Hopefully he gets the message.

Been decorating lately at work and its been great.  Good to learn a trade and its a really good trade to learn and will help me outside of work aswell.  Today started in outpatients and will be doing all of the rooms over next month or so.  Was left to my own devises today which is what i like and got to have the radio on which is a definate plus, long may this work continue.

Looking forward to the ong bank holiday weekend next week lets hope the weather gets back to the sunshine we've had lately.

I've been taking time away from the chatrooms lately as i do tend to spend a lot of time on it and good to have a change of pace, a change is like a rest as they say.

Watched quite a few films as usual last couple of weeks, star wars, untouchables and godfather part 3 over last week.  Looking to keep buying new dvds and add to my already massive collection.  Ive actually run out of space on my shelves so my draws and windowsills are becoming new storage for them.

Think im gonna save my holiday up for summer time maybe week or two in june, two in august and then leave some for when footballs back on.

Just listening to biffy clyro excellent tunes.

Had my quaterly injection yesturday (major numb bottom last night and this morning) also had a telphone call from my doctor, had voices about twenty times through nights over the past three months and took my added medication 7 times over those three months.  They said that others that had gone onto this medication had recently relapsed so got to contact them if need be.  Im feeling positive about this medication tho so will stick with it.  Most of the voices came in the last two weeks so will watch out for them next time and try to get early nights and not speak to friends late at night thru these weeks.

I hope murlo is alright she used to come on here untill she went into isolation, lets hope shes ok.

That's about it will look forward to tomo at work more of the same decorating wise.

night diary

Posted : 28th April 2020 8:45 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

End of the working week, cracking week at work plenty of decorating done much job satisfaction.  

Start of the weekend, doing a conf. Call with friends tonight and I've created a quiz for it so hope it goes down well.

Pretty confident on staying gamble free at the moment but must not get complacent, will just take each day as it comes.

Will post again tomo.

Posted : 1st May 2020 5:38 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Start of another week, Monday negotiated.  Booked some holiday days today for June.  Nothing else to report.

Posted : 4th May 2020 6:05 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Start of the weekend and very grateful for everything I have, works good, outside of work is good, lots to be thankful for.

Posted : 7th May 2020 5:56 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

End of another weekend.  Back to work tomo.  Got Netflix this weekend so been watching lots of films and box sets.  Off to sleep now.  Nothing major to report.

Posted : 10th May 2020 9:42 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Realising my diary is getting a bit repetitive and somewhat boring however I'll take that as its means I'm on the right journey.  A non eventful journey is better than I've been used to over the years.  I like my mindset now, take each day as they come, each decision as they come and be grateful for what I have.  I could easily have gotten myself i into a great deal of debt and although gambling has definitely taken a lot from me I've come out the other side dusted myself down and thankfully learnt a lot from it.  thankfull, that's my word for the present.  Let's all think of where we are and not think of the negatives but think of the positives. We can learn from mistakes but its best not to focus on them or look back too much but to accept them and move forward with life.  All the best adam

Posted : 11th May 2020 5:34 pm
Page 9 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close