0 Likes
13.4 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thanks Vinnie xxx

Posted : 9th December 2021 10:46 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Just at cafe Nero enjoying a coffee and about to go for an Indian...... Life is good

Posted : 12th December 2021 5:23 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another great day off..... 

Went to flat and painted all day.....

Found out there's parquet flooring under carpets in some of rooms ....... I really love parquet flooring so will hopefully be able to salvage it......

Maybe this will give me more money aside for flat or more to save either way it's a good find....

Even more of a reason why this flat was a perfect find for me.....

Tomo off to buy some paint ad I've picked a colour for walls now ...... Then a bit of painting in afternoon....... Then there's footy on tv tomo night horray....

Life has it's ups and downs but I'm thankful to be here and looking forward to the next step in life .

All the best Adam xxx

Posted : 13th December 2021 10:52 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another holiday day flown by......  Went done one bedrooms cutting in emulsion..... Then went to see my doctor for monthly injection..... Pretty good day.....

Also pulled up carpet in lounge and inspected flooring .... Really like it ... Looked up how to get staples out of wood.... Will get a tool for that then sort out floors once all decorated....

Will just need to carpet one bedroom and as a result of parquet flooring find I should save a couple of thousand on flooring including labour.... 

So so far I've spent 66 pounds on the refit..... Looks like I'll do it on a shoe string too which is great for me .....  Worked out once I move in it's gonna take a year to save 2k and that's not spending anything on socializing so it's proper tight .

If I get someone in other room it's much for affordable or I can up my hours at work again ..    ..... There's options....

Wish I could put photos up here ....

Think I want to join gym again for social activities and health so hopefully there's a deal in Jan or Feb .... I'll keep an eye out..... That'll be the next step next year once settled to be fit again..... Lose the stumach etc..... The big goal....

I'm eyeing up 1000 days now the quadruple figure mark..... I'll have to look up when it is but I'm guessing august next year..... Awesome.

All the best Adam xxx

Posted : 15th December 2021 9:15 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another holiday day gone by.....flown by.....I'll be back at work in no time.....but I'll have had a very productive holiday that's for sure 

Went to work today for my last hep b jab ... Then went and got a coffee on way to flat which was lovely boosted me up for the day......

Then started emulsion in bedrooms and managed to complete both bedrooms emulsion in the day six hours work.

So tomo what I'm doing depends on whether we can get what we want from bandq the paint I want is only one can in stock and it doesn't have a handle which wouldn't help for pouring it out.... But I need a staple remover to get going on the flooring task.....

Also if u sign up to their club card u get a discount..... Save the Penny's ey.....

Also they send u discount emails lol

So tomo once been to bandq I'm doing washing down lounge and painting bedroom skirtings window sills and radiators then should Finnish them tomo so that's couple less things to do.

I have six more days of work on flat then I'm gonna take a four day Christmas break to relax, eat, see family and recoop energy......

Then back to work.....

Then the celebration will start for new years on here 

All the best Adam xxx

Posted : 16th December 2021 11:46 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another night where I can't sleep...... Voices..... Oh well I'll listen to some music and read gamcare and catch up on some diaries 

All the best Adam xxx

Posted : 17th December 2021 1:49 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

So was in a good mood last night.....went out for a meal was lovely..... Then today went for some coffees was fine then.... Got back and felt really down ..... Wanted to curl up, stay at folks forever and not do any work on my flat.....  Think I'll have a day off tomo and rest..... I know moving in is the best decision for me! I really think impulsively and I should think with my head......  Everything is going great it's just sometimes I don't think normally....  Just had a couple of satsumas and feel a bit better.....   

Spent quite a bit yesturday and today but I'm on holiday so it's good to treat myself.....

Need to be patient with my thoughts I've come thru a lot thru the years and it's not allways clear till after what the best course of action is ...

All the bestadam xxx

Posted : 18th December 2021 11:14 pm
(@vinnie)

Hi Adam , 

it’s ok to have a wobble it’s a big step , theirs no rush to do ur flat and move out take it as slow as you need to , you have come so far In The time I’ve known you , so baby steps and keep looking forward 

all my love Vinnie ?

Posted : 18th December 2021 11:31 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi vinnie thamks for popping by... in recent ideas and thought sive been going thru this weekend ive decided to rest up this weekend and tomo... ive been thinking non stop everyday about the flat for about a month now and my obsessveness has taken over and ive become tired..... also my time off work is to rest up so im going to rest up tomo as well....... thres no reall rush to move in so thats great just will do some more on tuesday then wednesday ive got docters and going out for a meal in evening then thursday my isters coming over then friday im meeting up with some freinds in the afternoon.... s  im pretty busy this week arounfd other things than the flat preperation.... need to treat this break from work as a rest up opportunity as well..

Weighed myself today and it horribly read 13 stone 7 literally all that hard owrk has gone down the window.... so today ive tried to increase my health a bit by ating 6 satsumas.... probably a good idea to get some vitamin c... so tomo ill nothhavebreakfast just lunch with some fruit for snacks and ill try and get down to 13.4 by christmas.

The friedn that i go out with and he gambles has decided to try and stop again... he probaly wont manage it but ive tried to give some advice by saying to try and come here.... get the blocks in etc..... he done it for a long time so hopefully he can manage it..

Coming up to the end of the year merry christmas to all on here xxxx lots of love adam xx

Posted : 19th December 2021 10:39 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Flats coming along nicely..... Onto lounge tomo....  Then hallway ...... Just wrapped up my presents ....   We've as martin lewis says been keeping it simple in recent years and just buying presents for kids ..... I must say on Christmas day it's harder not having presents to unwrap but it's better for the environment and saves us getting presents just for the sake of it..... My sister is getting me a trolley that I want to carry food home from sainsburys.... But that's it for me for this Christmas.....

Going to buy bond on dvd tomo...   Will watch tomo night can't wait......

So I got nephews a switch game each, my sister a switch game, my neice a doctor's play set and my mum a pair of slippers..... My dad used to get chocolate or golf things but he doesn't want anything this year a bit like me .....

Looked to eat less today so gonna eat dinner late as not hungry at mo and hope to lose a bit of weight before xmas indulgence......

Everything else going well..... I'm well rested now and I'll go to flat tomo to do a bit of cutting in and emulsion.....  I'm thankful to my folks for helping Soo much dad's even talking about some odd jobs he might be able to do and my mum will get busy in the garden soon..... 

I bought friends coffees and beers on Saturday and it came to half a days wage.....I was happy to be able to do it as in past years I'd just have enough to buy my own ....... Now I can treat people...  ....  Got a night out meal Weds then drinks Friday that will be all my extravagance for the rest of December....

I do miss work a bit..... Can't wait to get back to see who my new boss is or whether it's the same boss.... . The was an advert for a part time manager of the porters in charge of us and the engineers on site..... My manager had an interview for it and also someone from brighton... .  So interesting to see what happens plus be good to get stuck in again .......

This year has flown by and I'm thankful for the help on here!!!!  All the support goes a long way and has over the years got me to stay on the straight and narrow something I didn't beleive I could do......  

Really looking forward to new years a zoom chat with friends maybe and some Pringles and chocolate.... .

All the best Adam xxxx

Posted : 20th December 2021 8:15 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another day at flat done ...   Have finished both bedrooms now and they are looking spotless, very fresh, clean and crisp.  All there is to do in my bedroom is paint one wall grey as a feature have to get some testers first.  Then get carpets done.

In the lounge we have sanded, washed down, first coat emulsion so second coat next then woodwork and door.

Hallway we've sanded, washed down, cut in, next Finnish cutting in then emulsion and skirtings and 8 !!!!!!!! Doors lol

Got a blood test tomo morning then going out for indian in evening...... Then my sister's coming over Thursday, then Xmas Eve afternoon drinks with friends..... Then it's Christmas!!!!! Then will get going on flat again on Monday 27th I think it is.. and 28th then back to work..... 29th

Looking forward to going back to work in a few ways and to be fair that's great....

Night all the best Adam xxx

Posted : 22nd December 2021 1:56 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Operation independence going well ?

Posted : 22nd December 2021 1:58 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another couple of holiday days gone...   Yesturday had a blood test for my annual mental health check....  Then watched James bond with mum......then went out for an Elvis indian meal which was great the Elvis was really good and meal was nice.....  I managed to not eat too much which was good .

Today my sister, nephews and niece came over....  Presents for them are under our tree and they are very excited ..   my neice Chloe who's three was very excited that her present from me looked really big...really want to connect with her as much as with my nephews I think it will come when she's a bit bigger and can talk more as at the moment I must seem like a big person who she can't understand ... 

Then went to b&q and got some paint, paint brush, shower curtain, door mat, paint testers and with my work discount and some vouchers I saved like twenty quid.....  So that's great....

Tomo breaky bacon and egg..... Then off to see friends in pub for a few hours...  Then dinner then chill in evening and Christmas day then my sister's coming over again boxing day.......

Then back to the decorating Monday and Tuesday then back to work ..   

Started Pokemon go today...   I need to do more exercise so I'm thinking it will help with that...  Start going around looking for them ... 

So pretty productive few days...... 

Think tomo will be the last spending for a while apart from on flat... . Spent one hundred on flat..    on decorating..... Which tbf is a bargain for what I've got.....  Then spent 200 Soo far on presents and socializing and will get a hundred as a present from folks.  So overall spent two hundred....   Things will be tighter from now on but I need to get the balance right of treating myself, friends and family but not over indulging ... 

Recovery wise I'm looking forward towards the light at the end of the tunnel that is 1000 days gamble free just hit 750 the other day ... 

Joining gym or walking lots I think I might see how Pokemon go goes before I decide and see whether theres any gym promotion in new year.

All the best Adam xxxx 

Posted : 23rd December 2021 11:51 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

MERRY CHRISTMAS ⛄ ONE AND ALL LOTS OF LOVE ADAM XXXX

Posted : 24th December 2021 10:39 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Have a good one fella

Best

AL

Posted : 24th December 2021 11:55 pm
Page 3 / 6

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close