(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

thanks Lh8609

Just for today I will not gamble

Just for today I will accept I cannot gamble

just for today I will not carry money

just for today I will be patient

just for today I will enjoy not gambling

Day 6 begins, all good up to now. I sometime want to read the racing results or look at racing unfortunately that is the deathstar for me. The slowdown in life is boring enough but just have to work around this. Day 6 is another success so I just have to work through today and fingers crossed I start day 7 tomorrow. Mad how it seems like some sort of game but the consequences are so serious. It never seems that dangerous when your in the middle of it.

Posted : 21st December 2017 11:27 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 6

Completed

Posted : 22nd December 2017 12:16 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Just for today I will not carry money

just for today I will be patient

Just for today I will be happy and gamble free

the last two seem hard on Day 7, I have a gambling niggle in my head. I am not going to act on it but I want to act on it. All that means is a look at the racing page or reading about gambling. Before long I am gone again. So far things have been simple and boring. Hopefully that is not always the way but it's early days. I will try keep myself busy today and see where I go.

Posted : 22nd December 2017 11:37 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 7 Complete

Just for today I will be patient

just for today I will happy and gamble free.

So I have a mild cold and it's the most annoying thing ever all I can do is focus on my non stop runny nose. I feel like c**P, gambling thoughts are in my head nothing brutal but they are there. I am doing well steering clear of gambling related information and big sports events I thought were important no longer seem so important. Last weekend I was in a bad place, this week I feel crappy this is in all honesty an improvement. I do wish everyone on here a gamble free couple of days at least get to Stephens Day/Boxing Day gamble free. Life will feel somewhat better. It's a long road to some sort of redemption your thinking is so messed up it's scary. Stay Well everyone.

Posted : 23rd December 2017 10:02 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 8 Complete

I have the flu so I just checking in

Posted : 24th December 2017 1:39 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Feeling abit more normal now, glad to be gamble free for last 9 days. Have a happy gamble free xmas everyone we all deserve a bit of peace and happiness.

Posted : 24th December 2017 5:32 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 10

Just for today I will accept being in the now

Happy Xmas everyone, I have had the flu for last couple of days and I am a pretty poor patient. All good on gambling front, I do get urges but so far I have fought them off. In the next couple of weeks I will have to do a list of my possible open avenues for gambling and close them. The reason so far I have not ventured here was I was afraid I would gamble even opening them up. But now I have calmed down I will list them and get my wife to close amazing how simple it is when you cool off.

Posted : 25th December 2017 11:05 am
(@bryan)

Great to hear you are making progress . Hope you shake off the flu soon !

Don’t make excuses about closing down those accounts , first thing I did after admitting finally to myself I was out of control . If you read my last post on Getting it off my chest you will see the reasons , hope you can draw some kind of motivation or acknowledge the feelings

Posted : 25th December 2017 11:10 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

thanks vulture,

Day 10 completed

Posted : 25th December 2017 9:12 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 11 begins

Another day begins I do feel alot better, if I think about it today is a tough day for someone who bets the horses like I do but if I avoid information I genuinely find it alot easier. Good Luck eveyone happy gamble free St Stephens/Boxing Day.

Posted : 26th December 2017 10:40 am
(@Anonymous)

Well done mate. Usually one of the highlights of my year too as love the horses. Was supposed to be at Wetherby races with mates but explained issue and pulled out. Funnily enough I do quite well on sports but if I lost i’d try and recoup on blackjack. Last week I chased a £20 darts loss and blew £48k! (£13k i’d fortunately won but was a pending withdrawal and £35k more). Anyway, we’ll done on getting this far and stay strong today ... I just avoid results then I don’t start thinking I would have backed every winner. Rich

Posted : 26th December 2017 11:27 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks RSmith39, at this moment I am sick of gambling and don't really want to think about it anymore. I am sitting here going to turn on netflix. Everyone is in bed we had a nice uneventful day, everyday with gambling is a drama. I honestly don't want to do it anymore. Day 11 completed I am still in the day and will be happy to start Day 12 tomorrow. Hope eveyone had a good day

Posted : 26th December 2017 11:00 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 12 begins

Just for today I will be happy and gamble free.

Day 12 all going well so far, still a little sick but getting better. So far while I have had urges I have not has any mis-steps the longer the better with this or even better none at all. I have to stay within the day as trying to get too far ahead is just silly. I have had countless failed attempts so better not to project into the future with regards to recovery and work on the now and just be patient.

Posted : 27th December 2017 11:47 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 13

Just for today I will be happy and gamble free.

Day 13, I am not entirely over my flu and this morning I feel abit down and tired hence some gambling urges but they will pass. I will say how much you notice time slowing down when your not gambling, when your in the zone days pass in a haze anyway onwards and forwards.

Posted : 28th December 2017 11:22 am
Page 2 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close