A New Start

99 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
Muststop123
(@muststop123)

Hi Frozen

Well done on the 13 days, keep at it one day at a time.

One thing that stood out for me on your last post was that you said time passed more slowly when you are not gambling. I have found when I am busy, I hardly give gambling a thought but as soon as I have some "spare" time it sometimes pops into my head even though for me it is still fortunately with negative thoughts. Maybe think about how you can use the time you used to gamble to do something productive? I have been warned that just keeping "busy" is not enough in the long term as you will just burn yourself out but being productive by getting fitter, learning something new or helping someone else might stop time slowing down? Just a thought.

Good luck and keep posting.

Posted : 28th December 2017 11:55 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 13 complete moving on to Day 14

Posted : 28th December 2017 9:58 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Just for today I will not gamble

Just for today I will accept I cannot gamble

just for today I will not carry money

Just for today I will be patient

Just for today I will happy and gamble free

Day 14 begins, I am finding it slow to shake this cold so for the moment I am muddling through. I am having urges but for me thats not surprising I always have them. Onwards and upwards

Posted : 29th December 2017 10:28 am
(@bryan)

Stick in there you are doing really well . I am sure that inside and outside you feel better (apart from the flu). What would be interesting is that if you took a photo of yourself on day 1 and took a photo of yourself today . I would imagine that you could see a difference in you , maybe happier , less stressed, no glazed over eyes ! Please remember how far you have come . At least you are recognising the urges and working to deal with them . For me to accept I am not going to gamble again , it’s like a bereavement in a crazy sort of way . Not sure how I am going to get by without it as it’s been such a part of me . Well not a small part , a massive part ! I have said my goodbyes and am looking to move forward ! For the time filling I know I what you mean. My plan is to spend better time with my kids and go back to the gym with avengance ! Looking forward to reading your next positive entries in your diary . Regards Bryan

Posted : 29th December 2017 11:06 am
(@Anonymous)

Congratulations on reaching 2 weeks this is a great start and a good foundation for a gamble free 2018, just keep it going as you have been, one day at a time. Well done. You should be proud of yourself. I hope you start to feel better soon. Tale care and good luck.

Posted : 29th December 2017 12:39 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 14 complete, to be honest I am happy enough with where I am, trying to keep it 1 day at a time nothing is easy or straightforward but 14 clear days are better than 14 gambling days.

Posted : 29th December 2017 9:12 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

JUst for today I will accept I cannot gamble

just for today I will be patient

just for today I will not carry money

just I will be happy and gamble free

Day 15 begins.

Posted : 30th December 2017 11:30 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

day 15 complete hanging in

Posted : 30th December 2017 8:23 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Just for today I will not carry money

Just for today I will be happy and gamble free

Day 16 commences

Posted : 31st December 2017 12:50 pm
Michael35
(@michael35)

Hi Michael (err...Frozen)

Day 16 ... brilliant. Let that Gambling poison leave your mind, Day by day. Let 2018 be your best year ever, and I’m looking forward to seeing you post on 31Dec18 to say 2018 has been a gamble free year for you.

Posted : 31st December 2017 5:08 pm
(@Anonymous)

Keep up the good work, sounds like slowly your starting to make a difference day by day.

I've come to the cross roads myself now for the second time, in my life. I gambled from the age of sixteen illegally through friends who where older than me or through a gambling site that didnt check or ask for proof of age. I can remember the first big amount of money I lost like it was last night. It was rangers in the league cup against some small side in scotland and i lost over £1000 at the age of 17, the money I had saved for my first car. Im now 30 and over the last 13 - 14 years i must have gambled over £50,000 I've been lucky enough to have a good salary from an early wage with overtime regularly there for extra cash. Well after missing the last two payments on my mortgage now it the time to take back control. I have a fiance and child to support and now a wedding to save for from the morning luckily not until the summer 2019 to save.

I'm going to start my own diary on here from tomorrow and hopefully take it day by day, I'm even going to start counciling to help talk to someone to help work through what goes on in my head because i cant talk to anyone else about this especially my fiance or friends.

sorry to hijack your diary just it feels really good writting and telling people how i feel.

Posted : 31st December 2017 7:10 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

No hassle mate

Posted : 31st December 2017 7:42 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 16 complete

Happy Gamble Free New Year

Posted : 1st January 2018 12:20 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Just for today I will not carry money

Just for today I will be happy and gamble free

Day 17 commences with some gambling urges that is life on the road to recovery. It's a slow road with many twists and turns and hopefully I stay with it.

Posted : 1st January 2018 1:28 pm
judy
 judy
(@judy)

Hi Frozen,

I've been following your thread. You're doing it. Stay strong.

Posted : 1st January 2018 3:28 pm
Page 3 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close