Final Chance

291 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
18.1 K Views
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Day 248 ..... still holding strong and have to say i have been tempted with the football season started again but it would break my heart to see my day count return to zero after all my hard work to get this far ....still very much a case of taking it one day at a time and keeping my defences strong ... if i dont place that first bet the rest cannot follow.

Posted : 14th August 2018 5:59 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Chartom on 253 days gamble free.

I am doubly impressed because last December, after going 100 days without a bet, you had slip but straight away set off again on your gamble free journey.

You have courage, self belief and a strong desire to improve your life. Excellent qualities which we all need if we are to rid ourselves of this insidious addiction. Enjoy your freedom my friend, stay focussed and keep going forward...stephen

Posted : 19th August 2018 12:50 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Day 256 ...... still get the urge to gamble on the football almost every day and so glad my blocks are strong and doing there job, have came along way and will keep fighting hard not to undo all my good work.All aspects of my life have improved since i stopped throwing my hard earned money away and i will work hard to keep it that way .... some days are harder than others but the rewards of remaining gamble free are so worth it ... onwards and upwards.

Posted : 22nd August 2018 2:05 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Thank you for posting on my diary Chartom. I appreciate your encouragement, support and wise words.

268 days since you last had a bet which is excellent. Sadly you do still get urges to gamble but presumably the addiction will loosen it's grip as time passes. I hope so....Some say it does, some say it doesn't.... I suppose we just have to keep in our mind the misery, torment and all the other nightmarish stuff that accompanies gambling.

Take care my friend. Wishing you peace, happiness and contentment as you continue on your journey...stephen

Posted : 3rd September 2018 7:03 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Day 270 .... in such a better place right now than where i was 270 days ago, and this can be all put down to staying gamble free but that urge to gamble is still there all be it lurking in the back of my head and not to the forefront, for that reason my blocks must remain in place and stay strong .... good to have money in the bank to afford to do the exact things i was kidding myself i was gambling for.Being able to let go of my past mistakes has been a the hardest part for me but i finally feel as if i am able to do this and start to move forward... still a long road ahead but very much on the right path which feels good.

Posted : 5th September 2018 6:20 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Day 288 ..... 288 days of winning, lately the urge to gamble again has been strong, just one little football bet what harm could it do? and in truth without the strong blocks i now have in place i know i would now be back gambling and probably pennyless ..... instead i have a holiday to look forward to in a few months have enough money saved for christmas and a little savings put by for a rainy day, have only been able to do this by remaining gamble free..... simple choice really go back to gambling and lose everything or keep fighting those urges and be able to live a decent life, but as we all know on here it is never that easy .... will keep going by taking each day as it comes and concentrating on getting through it unscathed.

Posted : 23rd September 2018 5:44 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Day 299 ..... like alot of people have had problems logging in lately so glad to be able to post again, have felt vulnerable without the comfort blanket of this forum but glad to say i am still gamble free and looking forward to smashing threw the 300 day mark, still fight those gambling demons almost every day but determind not to undo all my good work, very much still a case of taking it a day at a time.

Posted : 4th October 2018 8:51 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Day 300 ..... 300 days of winning, not been an easy journey by any means with plenty of ups and downs but things are so much better for me now than they were 300 days ago .... i still think of having a bet especially at the weekends but with the strong blocks i now have in place it would be hard for me to do so, if i dont place that first bet the rest cant follow.Am by no means "cured" will have to be on my guard for when Mr gamble raises its ugly head, but so far so good.... long may it continue.

Posted : 5th October 2018 12:49 pm
sjw
 sjw
(@sjw)

Nice one mate. Another nice milestone ticked off on your journey.

Ultimatly they really just mark another day of making the right choice but them days which become weeks, months, years remould us into our future self. We choose the conditions in which we create that mould and being GF can only result in a better, stronger person. Enjoy what you are creating.

Have a good weekend.

All the best.

Posted : 5th October 2018 7:14 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear chartom3,

huge congratulations from the Forum admin team as well, 300 days is quite a massive achievement.

Please keep going, keep the focus and keep posting.

All the best,

Eva

Forum Admin

Posted : 5th October 2018 9:56 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Chartom Superstar 300 days gamble free and still going strong.

Congratulations my friend on a wonderful achievement. I admire your approach to recovery and respect the support you have always given to your fellow travellers.

Wishing you contentment, happiness and good times as you continue on your gamble free adventure...stephen

Posted : 6th October 2018 9:38 pm
(@Anonymous)

Well done chartom glad to see your still free of gambling long may it continue bud

Posted : 9th October 2018 12:36 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

SEL87 wrote: Thanks alot SEL87 for the comment mate, good to see you doing so well, keep up the good work you are doing great.

Well done chartom glad to see your still free of gambling long may it continue bud

Posted : 9th October 2018 8:53 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Good morning diary .... day 315 for me without a bet, i used to enjoy a bet every saturday on the football before it became a problem for me and sometimes i wish i could go back to it being that way but deep down i know that can no longer be.Its at the weekends when i do feel my most vunerable and when i feel thankful for the blocks i now have in place which are thankfully doing there job well, so going to take the dog for a walk then settle down for a day of watching football (with no bets on it) and maybe a takeout tonight, the simple things .... wishing everyone a nice weekend.

Posted : 20th October 2018 10:18 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Found myself looking at the odds of the football tonight and really felt like having a bet,so had a read through some of my first posts on here from when i first joined and boy it really made me relalize how far i have came and that i really dont want to go back to that place again ... thinking alot clearer now and ready to push on again but it just goes to show me will have to always be on my guard and not to get too ahead of myself.... onwards and upwards.

Posted : 23rd October 2018 10:26 pm
Page 18 / 20

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close