fresh start

1,154 Posts
70 Users
2 Likes
84.8 K Views
(@Anonymous)

Boro...I'm on day 24...Believe me the days start mounting up!

Keep on going...Think how different your life will be!

Sue x

Posted : 9th July 2012 8:00 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

I am thinking how lifes going to be from now sue. things seem a lot better without it. What does gambling give you. A lot of heartache if your a compulsive gambler. Its just not worth it.

Posted : 9th July 2012 10:42 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Well its been a day of thinking what i could have bought me daughter with all the money i have lost. But still confident of beating this addiction!

Posted : 10th July 2012 6:49 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Boro,

Well done to you. Listen mate don't don't worry about what you COULD of got your princess....Think of what you CAN buy her now!

Keep going...remember MARK.....do his memmory justice!

Sue xx

Posted : 10th July 2012 7:05 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Day 12 work done for the day. Picking kids up from school shortly cant even aford to buy them sweets which is embarrasing which is a stark reminder what gambling has done. NOTHING WILL MAKE ME GO BACK TO GAMBLING AGAIN JUST WANT A NORMAL LIFE

Posted : 11th July 2012 3:23 pm
(@Anonymous)

Great post Boro,

You are sounding so positive...danger is when you start getting a bit of spare cash to yourself. Just remember how bad you felt when you were gambling.

Keep focusing on the kids!

Well done.

Sue x

Posted : 11th July 2012 5:30 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Its very hard sue at the minute i have no money and i dont get paid for another two weeks which mean borrowing off me brother for things like child suport. Which is not right. Yes thats the danger but i cant go threw this ever again. Its killing me. 🙁 . Why do we do this to ourselves?

Posted : 11th July 2012 7:43 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey,

Sorry to hear you are a bit down right now! I guess the early days are the worst as we have no money and we just go over and over what we have lost. It is much easier said than done but it really is a big part of recovery letting go of the past. What is done is done and irretrievable but the future can be so much brighter gamble free! Every day is an achievement so be kind to yourself! The days will get better!

Flagg

Posted : 11th July 2012 8:33 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Cheers for the support flagg. No matter how down i get i will not go back to gamble. At the moment its the first time i have had to live without any money. All the other times i have either been able to add onto me overdraft or get a loan or even borrow off me mam. None of these are an option this time. Got no money but at least im not getting stressed bye gambling.

Posted : 12th July 2012 5:40 pm
castle2
(@castle2)

Hi boro

Just read ur diary , really great 1st post and that took some great courage self excluding urself from all the bookies that shows me u av great determination and an inner strength to beat this disease

It's a rollercoaster of a journey with loads of ups and downs ur right in gettin the blocks in place this will help u so much , no doubt the urges will come but they will get less my best advice would be when they come read and post till they pass , this will give u the strength to fight the next day and that next day u will feel so much better bout urself , eventually the real u will return the self belief and confidence will come back

Ultimately only u can make that choice each day and choose not to gamble , one choice leads to pain and misery that u know all so well and the other will give u happiness and not just ur life but the people around u who u care about so much

Take care and stay strong ur doin so well don't forget that and be proud of urself for each day u don't gamble

Castle2

Posted : 12th July 2012 10:21 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Cheers for the support castle. Two weeks ago today was when i finally woke up to what i have being doing these last few years. Basically chucking my life away bye gambling all me money away. I may be in thousand of pounds of debt but i feel more at ease because i no gambling is no good for me and that is the first time i have admitted that.I had always kiddied meself i could just put a fiver or tenner on a horse but once i went in betting shop and see them machines i would not be able to resist. I feel i have no problem backing horses the most i have put on a horse is £100. Where as in them d**n machines i have put thousands. But gambling is just not for me anymore i no that now

Posted : 13th July 2012 8:07 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Feeling quite positive today. Just need to get my debt down but thats going to take a while

Posted : 14th July 2012 6:40 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Boro,

Just a thought...my grandad played for boro...years ago tho..lol

Just keep thinking of how you felt when picking kids up from school and you couldn't get them sweeties....You don't want to feel that again do ya?

I know you want to beat this....keep focused!

Sue X

Posted : 14th July 2012 8:18 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Whats was he called like sue?. I want to beat it more than anything and i must keep focused and strong. But today has been ok.

Posted : 15th July 2012 5:28 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Boro, would love to tell you but might just give a bit too much personal information out!

Think you are doing Brill....Keep focused!

Sue x

Posted : 15th July 2012 5:47 pm
Page 2 / 77

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close