Fresh start!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi guys,

I've been 2 days gamble free as of today, you can find my story on another link..

https://www.gamcare.org.uk/forum/my-story

I am a 20 year old lad that has been cught up in this disgusting addiction through sports betting and this will be my daily road to recovery! I'll appreciate any advice and constructive comments on how to beat the urge. Thanks for taking the time to read,

EJA

Posted : 1st March 2019 12:24 pm
JG21
 JG21
(@jg21)

Hey EJA.
I am 54 days Gamble Free now. Read your story on the link and it's quite similar to mine. The best advice I have is to distract yourself the second the urge hits.. go for a drive/walk, go cook something, even coming on this website and reading the forums and remembering how destructive this addiction can be as I think as recovering addicts we sometimes forget and think "a cheeky tenner bet won't hurt"... But we all know what that leads to don't we.

I lost an absolutely ridiculous amount of money 55 days ago and that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Never ever again!

Take care, and good luck.
JG

Posted : 7th March 2019 1:52 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Afternoon JG21,

Congrats on the 54 or as it would be 55 now! Should be proud of yourself mate. I agree with you. Distractions and gamstop have passed the first 9 days really well for me. Take care of yourself buddy, here if you ever need a chat, EJA88

Posted : 8th March 2019 2:34 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close