Here again!!!!!

111 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
11.4 K Views
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Morning Guys hope everyone ok.

Busy day at work yesterday and still feel so tired after my doggy weekend. Head feels a bit in the clouds today but get them sometimes.

No Gambling, temptations are still there, still get the odd emails creep through, just delete straight away and try not to think about them.

I think its well over 30 days since i returned back to my diary and gamble free so really pleased with myself just need not get to relaxed about it all and keep my guards up, went over 5 months last time before my slip, not happening again!!!!!!

Hope everyone doing ok, sorry nothing much exciting happens in my life to tell anyone about, take care 🙂

Posted : 19th June 2013 12:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

hey Lisa,

thanks for your kind words on my diary yesterday, getting advice on how the fairer s*x may cope being on the end of my problem is always welcome. Well done on your achievements so far, keep it up!

Phil

Posted : 19th June 2013 1:02 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Phil

I dont often feel comfortable giving people advise, i find it hard and dont feel worthy to give it with my mixed up brain!!!

Posted : 19th June 2013 2:17 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well morning everyone, hope everyone is having a better day than i am, without going into a long story, work is s**t. Made a mistake (genuine mistake !!) at work and had boss ringing me at 5.30 in the evening to moan at me, really does my head in, everyone makes mistake. Well anyway this sends my brain into all sorts of things and luckily i had to 3 hours of teaching my agility classes last night to help keep my mind straight. Come into work today to another lecture, just keeping my head down and getting on with it but i really wish i could tell him where to shove it sometimes!!!!!

Got to keep focused today as this is when i would have just gambled to get away from it all and i am not doing that.

Not sure how much i will be able to stay on here today, we have cameras in the office so he will probably be watching me today.

Take care everyone 🙂

Posted : 20th June 2013 10:49 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Remind me not to drink on a Friday night again. One good thing makes hubbie talk but not sure if its good. Think he understands how hard it is but maybe its my paranoid

view I see lots if hidden things in his talk and its not good.

Going to bed hopefully wake up with clear thoughts

Take care all x.

Posted : 22nd June 2013 3:14 am
(@Anonymous)

Hey Lisa,

I had a mishap at work 3 days after stopping gambling, and it made me question the effort I made in the 3 days before, but thankfully it all blew over. If you are normally good at your job, which I am sure you are, this mishap will be forgotten in a day or two. I can assure the positives you have experienced over the past few weeks are worth so much more than gambling. Sure you know, but we have to learn to face problems rather than trying to escape, once you have faced up to issues a couple of times you will not find it so daunting the next time.

Glad you also made time to speak to your husband, and hope the head isn't too bad.

Take care

Phil

Posted : 22nd June 2013 9:35 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Phil, heads ok, didn't drink too much just enough that loosens my tongue, and helps me open up. Work was ok yesterday, just getting on with it.

Going to have a good night tonight with friends, we have a cards night, no money involved.

You are doing really well Phil we both need to look forward and stay positive.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my diary its great to have support

Lisa

Posted : 22nd June 2013 12:15 pm
stu38
(@stu38)

Hi Lisa

glad to hear that you are still doing really well- keep it up. Sorry about your mishap at work I hope its all blown over now. Have a great weekend, take care

Stux

Posted : 22nd June 2013 12:48 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Stu

Work has calmed down, boss come in this morning in a good mood.

Had a great weekend, went to my friends Saturday night and played dominoes instead of cards had lots of laughs, visited both in laws and parents yesterday. Not many gambling thoughts just the one one or two popped up but nothing too bad.

My mood feels a bit better today feel a little more positive than the last few weeks just taking one day at a time.

Hope everyone ok, take care all 🙂

Posted : 24th June 2013 9:39 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Morning everyone, another day at work, i really need a holiday!!!!

Had a moment of complexion this morning, watching breakfast news about the people playing bingo in portugal and getting fined, all i could think about was i can never play bingo again, couldnt shift it out of my head. Kept thinking about how much i would love to be able to play bingo/slots but i know that i cant because i am a compulsive gambler. Taken a few hours to get this out of head!!!!

Anyway come into work taking a while to get going, been here 3 hours and not done much yet. Injured my ankle at the weekend so wont be able to train number 2 dog tonight, first week back after her injury but managed to rope one of my agility friends into running her which should be fun.

Better get some work done, going to try read a few threads later if i get chance but take care all 🙂

Posted : 25th June 2013 10:36 am
stu38
(@stu38)

hey Lisa

well done for staying strong. 'never' is a long time, rather than thinking that you will 'never' play slots again, just take one day at a time, it will seem a lot more achievable.

You can do it.

Stuxx

Posted : 25th June 2013 1:49 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Stu

I do try to take it one day at a time but deep down i do know that its not really optimistic to think it can happen again safely but thank you again for your kind words.

lisa 🙂

Posted : 25th June 2013 3:01 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well feel in a good mood today which makes a change, at work listening to an old 80's cd singing away.

Did my budget for next two months and its not looking too bad, managed to save a little for maybe a small treat and another agility competition in july and the football season is starting in august so maybe actually get to go to game instead of saving my money to gamble.

it does feel good to have actually done this instead of having to constantly be checking if i have any money in the bank, going into the iva was the best thing i did, it has given me a little control back over my money and also the kick up the backside not to go back to gamble.

Might try to get onto chat this afternoon if no one comes into the office, if not take care all and stay gamble free 🙂

Posted : 27th June 2013 12:45 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey Lisa,

can't beat a bit of 80s music, capture this moment that you are in with such good moods, as this can spur you on to greater things.

take care and may catch up on the chat

Phil

Posted : 27th June 2013 1:25 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hey Lisa,

Thank you for your post, and you are right, while gambling we get to the place, where no time, friends, sleep and all the rest important things in our lives matters. It might take a while, but it will get better.

So well done for staying away from that horrible habit, we will do it, i'm sure we all will set free:)

Keep it up and stay strong

Sandra x

Posted : 27th June 2013 8:01 pm
Page 3 / 8

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close