Here....again

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Purple29
(@purple29)
Topic starter

So here I am again.....a 12 year gambling addiction (on and off) but mainly on the last 5 years or so. Today I went into the roulette machines I was 1500 up...what a day everything is great I have loads of money I'm in a good mood so i go to the shops to get myself a takeaway with my winnings...next to the takeaway is a bookies...I'm saying out loud to myself DO NOT GO IN THERE as I have all my winnings on me...the Chinese iv ordered is going to be 20 minutes so I go into the bookies I told myself not to go into and...you guessed it 20 minutes later if gambles all my money plus 600 pound more. Dont even have enough for my takeaway now so have to leave without getting my dinner and I'm probably barred from there too. All jokes aside why on earth do I do it. I was saying out loud dont gamble and I still done it! I cant even give you a number on how much money iv lost over the years I'm talking 50,00 plus in losses. The dark thoughts I get the moods the temper the anger and self loathing is something iv got used to! How pathetic is that really I mean how can one person be so weak. If I dont stop I know gambling will take my life. I know that's a real possibility and yet here I was today gambling! I don't know what im expecting from this but I'm the most determined iv ever been to stop now I have a baby on the way. It sucks to feel this way crying myself to sleep because iv let myself and my family down yet again.

Posted : 24th March 2019 2:06 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi mate, get on the phone to someone seek help, it’s not too late although it won’t seem that way just now enough is enough.

I indeed was up a few weeks ago £1200 odds after spending a few pounds. Needless to say after a few hours I was at £0 up for most of the night and now nothing to show for it. Life is positive for me now instead of staying up late gambling I am on here talking to your self and ready to go to bed.

You can do it but seek help now.

Posted : 24th March 2019 2:32 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close