Last Gamble 30th August 2009

488 Posts
63 Users
0 Likes
32.6 K Views
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I have reached three years without gambling!

Its been tough but worth it.

Thanks for all the support.

Jim

Posted : 30th August 2012 11:20 am
(@Anonymous)

Yo,

Well done seems far tooo meek an expression in answer to your post .

Times it by a million trillion and it would be bout right . I thank you for posting that , proving that with determination what seems impossible is not .

You take care , keep inspiring

Shiny xxxxxxx

Posted : 30th August 2012 11:54 am
paulds
(@paulds)

Dazzler,

3 years! Incredible achievement, i have just been reading through your diary, what a success story, a real triumph through sheer determination and hard graft, clocking up the days the weeks and you have turned them into years.

A real inspiration for me, I am less than a 100 days in but diaries like yours make me believe I can get to 1000.

Paulds

Posted : 30th August 2012 1:16 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 1141

Dont really know how I ended up on here today, but I did, i've got a week off work and was just surfing the net.

Lots of names I don't recognise on page 1 of the diaries... most the folks that I recall are on page 6 or 7 now, not sure if this is a good or a bad thing in general. Every one is different so some must be good and some will be bad news. Anyway I haven't gambled since my last post or since 30th August 2009. I don't miss it at all, I remember agonising about how I was going to get through the weeks, the lying, the dread, the hate and the embarrasment, the times I neglected my family. Nope I don't miss it one bit and haven't for a very long time. The damage I caused, I still live with every day but never ever again.

Sorry for the ramble.... it helps now and again.

Cheers, Jim

P.s. If you cant tell, I hate gambling!

Posted : 16th October 2012 1:50 pm
(@Anonymous)

Onwards and upwards Jim.

Not heard from you for a while,but had no doubt you were still gamblefree.Like myself you will never gamble again.I passed the 3 year mark myself this month.I suppose i should have felt something but again like yourself.Its just natural not to gamble these days.It makes you feel almost human lol.Of course when i set off on this journey i doubted myself making 3 months never mind 3 years.Its always good to hear from you.All the best Jeff.

Posted : 16th October 2012 7:06 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Jim,

Took some hunting to find your diary. i hope you are well, sure your still gamble free.

Wanted to wish you a merry christmas and a very happy gamble free new year!!!

All the very best mate. ands

Posted : 22nd December 2012 11:46 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Happy New Year to all members.

Still gamble free and feeling good.

If its your new years resolution to stop gambling, good luck its worth it.

Cheers. James

Posted : 28th December 2012 6:19 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi All,

Just a note to say "I am still here and I still hate gambling!"

Cheers. Jim

Posted : 5th March 2013 10:31 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Jim,

Hope you are well young man, how many days gamble fee now???? my maths not too good lol, reckon it,s a very impressive number tho.

take care, update your diary soon plz....be good to read a post from the dazzler. ands

Posted : 26th June 2013 2:02 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hey Ands, Haven't been on here for a while, it was a suprise to be on page 2. Laughed when you asked about the days, I still count them you know. 1397 days today. It is much easier nowadays.

Thanks for the post.... catch you soon.

Jim

Posted : 28th June 2013 11:32 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Jim

Just popping by and wanted to thank you for your post, wow that day count is sooo impressive so now you must be ummmm 1427 i think, lol.

Hope you are well mate and no doubt i will post on your diary again, soon. Hope you are enjoying the summer, i am, especially without gamling.

take care, ands

Posted : 14th August 2013 4:53 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Posted : 30th August 2013 10:21 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Here goes year 5 Gambling free.

Cheers.

Jim

Posted : 31st August 2013 1:51 pm
(@Anonymous)

Excellent work Jim and once again thanks for all your help along the way.

Posted : 1st September 2013 8:51 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Merry Christmas to all on Gamcare. Proud to say still gamble free, and hope my friends on here are strong and well.

Best Wishes, Jim

Posted : 26th December 2013 1:56 pm
Page 31 / 33

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close