New Beginnings

107 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
Lil30
(@lil30)
Topic starter

Hi Caseyjay,

Yes, I don't know what is going to happen in the next few weeks, something has got to give. I'm just determined to stay GF. I'm focusing on that.

Posted : 6th January 2019 1:18 am
Caseyjay
(@caseyjay)

Exactly, and we are nearly at a week Gf wooooohooooooo!!

Posted : 6th January 2019 1:38 am
Lil30
(@lil30)
Topic starter

Thanks for the kind comments S. To be honest, this site is proving a real help, and I know I wouldn't be anywhere near where I M now without it. Reading how others have done, and how much support is offered has been exactly what I need, and it reminds me how hard it can be, which is something that I forget at times. Hopefully we can all do this together!

Self Sufficient Stephen wrote:

Hello Lil. Hope your ok and enjoying the weekend.

It is early days in your recovery but already I am impressed by your mature attitude, determination and understanding. It pleases me to see your footprints here and there on the diaries. Although you have your own difficulties to cope with you still make the effort to give support and encouragement to your gamcare friends.

I wish you well as you continue on your gamble free journey ...stephen

Posted : 6th January 2019 9:34 am
Lil30
(@lil30)
Topic starter

Woke up feeling a bit blue today, it’s dawned on me that I won't get through this month, financially, without help from family, friends (who I would need to confess to) or asking for help from my landlord, and carrying it all over to next month. I'm so, so, very annoyed with myself and feeling super anxious. Work doesn’t help either, as that stresses me out, and often that’s when I would come home, crash out and play slots or bet on football. So, so silly,

Reading success stories of others and will hopefully go for a walk later. It’s raining.

Posted : 6th January 2019 11:20 am
(@Anonymous)

Just read your diary, we all sound so similar at times. The blues and self hating etc etc but it’s not who we really are and we need to get a grip of this horrible disease and kick it in to touch. This is my first positive day and I want to share it around and make you positive too. If I can beat this after 40 years you sure can too and I am going to beat it, I am not going to lose another nights sleep over sickening losses and neither should you. Lil we can and will beat this.

Posted : 6th January 2019 8:21 pm
Lil30
(@lil30)
Topic starter

Hi Sosad, thanks for your thoughts, you're right of course, it can be done and we will do it. I'm kind of wishing my life away right now, but I just need to get through the next few weeks!

sosad wrote:

Just read your diary, we all sound so similar at times. The blues and self hating etc etc but it’s not who we really are and we need to get a grip of this horrible disease and kick it in to touch. This is my first positive day and I want to share it around and make you positive too. If I can beat this after 40 years you sure can too and I am going to beat it, I am not going to lose another nights sleep over sickening losses and neither should you. Lil we can and will beat this.

Posted : 6th January 2019 11:05 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)

Hey lil30

How did your baking go? How have you managed staying off of gambling this weekend?

Posted : 6th January 2019 11:21 pm
Lil30
(@lil30)
Topic starter

Hi Lisa, just left a comment on yours. I have, am still GF, so on track for a week! -Distracted myself with slow cooker cooking!

Posted : 7th January 2019 12:12 am
signalman
(@signalman)

Great - weeks can turn into months if you stay on this path.

Be ready for the good days and bad days, make sure your blocks are strong... And just stay on this path.

Posted : 7th January 2019 1:32 am
Lil30
(@lil30)
Topic starter

Just checking in for a week - second time I’ve been here! But feeling strong right now, just so anxious about the rest of the months bills.Back at work today which is both good and bad, as it takes my mind off of thing and keeps me busy, but it also tires me out which makes me just zone out reading on the iPad and then give in to temptation. Still - 7 days!

Posted : 7th January 2019 9:39 pm
(@Anonymous)

I’m 7 days too and In my world that would usually mean £700 loss not days but not anymore. I am so determined to read my bank statement at the end of the month just for the sheer joy of not seeing any idiot.com websites on there. Keep going lil.

Posted : 7th January 2019 11:00 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey, I hope you are okay. Maybe it’s a good thing that you will have to tell your family, people can surprise you. Don’t let things get you down, just try and do what you can to get through to payday (without gambling) and then start next month a fresh, do a financial plan and draw all your disposable cash out and set yourself a weekly budget. That way you hopefully won’t be tempted to fritter it away.

Stay strong, you will get there

Posted : 7th January 2019 11:11 pm
Lil30
(@lil30)
Topic starter

Thanks for the support guys, this forum is really helping me. Normally when I had a late or crazy day at work I would just sit and mindlessly gamble or bet on any old footy match, now been reading this site instead. Stops are in place; my only temptation is the thought that it might, just might, help pay this months rent. Then I remember the stress, the anxiety and how it won't help. It never did help, not really. Too tired to do much else now. Thanks everyone xx 8 days GF

Posted : 8th January 2019 10:31 pm
jacky68
(@jacky68)

Hi lil30, traced you your thread, just want to say keep your chin up and stay strong. I recognise the anxiety thing it's crushing at times but maybe that walk is not such a bad idea. I find walking my dogs helps clear the mind a little. We have both been idiots and we both are in a dark place but if we stay gamble free it can't get any worse, it can only get better, if slowly. Hopefully six months from here we will be I a much better place and look back at this with a 'I'm never going back there'. I have faith in you my friend.

Posted : 9th January 2019 1:14 pm
Lil30
(@lil30)
Topic starter

Thank you so much! I am stating to feel calmer, of curse I currently have no cash at all and so have no real temptation, but, it is still 9 days GF, nearly a personal best...

jacky68 wrote:

Hi lil30, traced you your thread, just want to say keep your chin up and stay strong. I recognise the anxiety thing it's crushing at times but maybe that walk is not such a bad idea. I find walking my dogs helps clear the mind a little. We have both been idiots and we both are in a dark place but if we stay gamble free it can't get any worse, it can only get better, if slowly. Hopefully six months from here we will be I a much better place and look back at this with a 'I'm never going back there'. I have faith in you my friend.

Posted : 9th January 2019 8:18 pm
Page 4 / 8

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close