New me started 5th June 2020

323 Posts
30 Users
1 Likes
36.9 K Views
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Ty Elizabeth I'm feeling stronger today. I do prefer the forum in fact it's been uppermost in my recovery. Ty for your concern

Posted : 14th August 2020 3:44 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Dear diary 75 days today. Nothing major to report things are ticking over. Enjoyed watching the world snooker that finished last night. Busy week this week as husband is away, exactly what I like plenty to do keep my 100 mph brain busy although I would say settling down a bit so maybe 90 mph now lol. Missing my friend kev hope he's doing ok

Posted : 17th August 2020 7:02 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Charlieboy you are a star and ought to be real happy

Youthful zestful anecdotes is showing you is snappy

On the ball 

All fired up

With belly full of passion

And knowing all the crazy things not to put your cash on

Three quarters of a century since last you had a bet

Treading the gamcare road with a heart that's truly set

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 17th August 2020 11:47 am
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Wow it's so sad on here tonight so many people on the edge. I don't know what to say to these people . What can be done for them crying out for help I feel scared when I read the posts because I don't know what to say. Surely they would be better phoning the helpline and talking . 

Posted : 17th August 2020 10:59 pm
Chris.UK
(@chris-uk)

@charlieboy remember they can phone the helpline but if they don't want that type of help, that's not on you. How many people come on here, say their thing and disappear only to return worse? It's not like in a GA room where you can actually connect with that person, but sometimes all you can do is offer advice or listen. 

I've lost count of the amount of times that I've reached out on a post which appears desperate and yet nothing comes back but three days later someone reappears suddenly feeling better with no consideration that you may have been worried about them.

Remember your serenity prayer.

Chris.

Posted : 17th August 2020 11:26 pm
(@bladesman)

charlieboy i'm scared for Ravloki and have just posted telling him to phone the helpline, hope he gets through this

Posted : 17th August 2020 11:27 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Ty Chris ty bladesman .when I was nursing 99% of the time I could do something to help, but as Chris has quite rightly pointed out, when I'm in GA I can actually physically see people and reach out, same with nursing I was actually  with my patients I could physically help them. This is different, I'm really tired today that's not helping. I've just reminded myself of the serenity prayer. Ty all, speak tomorrow

Posted : 17th August 2020 11:50 pm
(@bladesman)

Hi, hope you are feeling better today, that was tough last night. I was watching his post till 1 am hoping to see Ravloki reply but there was nothing. Fingers crossed he got through some how.

Every day there are more and more people needing help so all we can do is share our experiences on how life can improve if you want to do it and hope they can be as strong.

All the best

Posted : 18th August 2020 3:41 pm
(@vinnie)

Hi Charlie , 

you are a lovely person full of wise words, I’ve been reading and being a lurker lol , something u wrote just caught my attention about gaming chairs took me back to how far things have come for both of us , you are doing amazing and the support you are sharing is amazing you keep shining , ?

Posted : 18th August 2020 11:45 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Day 77 that's 10 weeks !! Last night was awesome my sons cricket team won their quarter final cup match , my sons bowling was awesome 4 overs 1 wicket 10 runs . It was such a good night .

Posted : 19th August 2020 9:17 pm
(@bladesman)

Well done, under selling yourself, you've done 11 weeks!??

Posted : 19th August 2020 9:42 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Haha silly me 11 weeks !! Ty bladesman lol

Posted : 19th August 2020 9:50 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Hi diary 80 days today I'm very grateful for each and every day, I'm very grateful inch by inch I'm getting my life back. To everyone struggling right now, dig deep, stay strong, use all tools available to you,never lose hope, never give up  BELIEVE in your self

Posted : 22nd August 2020 5:38 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Dear diary. Just got in from GA and once again I have a lovely peaceful feeling . It's sitting in a room of people that you don't have to try and explain what compulsive gambling is.....

Posted : 24th August 2020 10:29 pm
T-Positive
(@t-positive)

You are doing amazing - congratulations, really inspiring! 🙂 

Posted : 30th August 2020 12:17 pm
Page 11 / 22

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close