New me started 5th June 2020

323 Posts
30 Users
1 Likes
36.9 K Views
 Loux
(@loux)

Really great to hear !! Well done you

And nice to hear you found a valuable way to spend your money in a way thats made you feel good. You deserve it.

Lou x 

Posted : 19th May 2021 9:30 pm
Secret♡
(@secret-2)

Posted by: Charlieboy

Day 350 !! Chugging along day at a time. Well today I went shopping....this for me is a big deal, taking my self care to next level. I actually sat in a chair and let a really lovely lady look at my skin (around the mask of course) and advise me about skin care and cover up make up. Now I know people will read this and think ....that's nothing, but to me it's ...wow. I came out spending £45 on myself !! and really feeling pleased with myself. Blast back to the past, to a time where I really took pride in my appearance, today has been a good day a really good day. Absolutely no thoughts of gambling , keep on moving forward day at a time

Wow such a fantastic achievement ? 

Glad to hear to have had some retail therapy, I'm sure at one time in your life you would of shunned spending that much because you would of preferred to hand it over to gambling sites. I know this is something I  was like when I was gambling. Wouldnt bat an eyelid at spending hundreds on slots but Wouldnt pay out for things I could really do with.

Well done again ? 

Posted : 22nd May 2021 9:12 pm
joannieb
(@joannieb)

Good for you Charlie boy!! ? So true that you could throw who knows how much money at gambling but not on things that actually make us feel good about ourselves!!  Happy for you!!

350 days!! Well done.. I'm looking forward to 2 weeks ?

Good luck everyone ?

Posted : 23rd May 2021 6:57 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

@Charlieboy,

Congratulations on 350 days! That is a great achievement!

It is lovely to hear that you are focusing on yourself and self-care. It is an important part of the recovery journey to be good to yourself and also to treat yourself because you deserve it and because you matter.

Please keep up the good work and sharing about your journey, you are an inspiration for others!

All the best,

Fay

Forum Admin

Posted : 23rd May 2021 11:32 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

I see a bird with little chicks

Enjoying a sunny day 

Looking very happy 

And this is what they say

Charlieboy is gamble free

Almost one full year

Flapping wings we celebrate

And whistle our good cheer 

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 31st May 2021 12:27 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Hi All........365 days since I restarted my life.....I'm 55years old now and I'm happier and more mentally stable than I have been for probably 21 years. Wow.....wow, there are many people struggling, don't give in keep going, we can all do this. What's my aim.....to carry on one day at a time, carry on using this website and GA, for support and learning how to stay gamble free and well. Complacency is not a word in my vocabulary. Thank you to all my supportive friends here and I thank you in advance for the years to come , I respect you all xxx

Posted : 3rd June 2021 1:52 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Many many congratulations on a year g free Charlie! Keep up excellent  work and continue  being kind to yourself.  You're  so worth to be at peace and happy!

S&B xx

Posted : 3rd June 2021 2:14 pm
Secret♡
(@secret-2)

Wow well done, that's sure an amazing achievement x

Posted : 3rd June 2021 7:59 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

? Congratulations Charlieboy ?

Seeing you complete a gamble-free year has made me very happy. 

Such a wonderful friend to share this journey with. A true inspiration to myself and others.

Aum ?

Posted : 3rd June 2021 11:43 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Very well done Charlieboy , clearly you are flourishing in your new life !

Best Wishes,

Fiona 

Forum Admin

Posted : 4th June 2021 1:31 am
(@bladesman)

Hi Charlieboy, not been on for ages but knew you had passed this milestone as I am still jogging along and will be joining the 1 year club next week.

What a year it has been with many ups and downs and things trying to knock us off track. Like you say, life is so much better than I think we could have imagined this time last year.  We have come a long way since then, but this is only the start, we can make this the benchmark for the rest of our lives and live a long and happy life without this evil.

Massive well done to you!

All the best

Posted : 5th June 2021 3:33 pm
joannieb
(@joannieb)

Happy to hear about such a big achievement Charlieboy ? congratulations!!! ??

Posted : 6th June 2021 7:24 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hey Charlie,

Trust you're  well and enjoying  the weather recently  ?

I read your post to other user today. It was about friendships  and how we tend to "chase" them.

Rang a bell with me. I particularly  liked the theory of gravity. Couldn't  be more true. You cannot make friendships without  that sort of spark and gravity. It's two way street, always has been....so, I shall thank you for a reminder,  it was indeed needed. 

Change comes from within. You rightly  pointed it out also. When you're  happy, content  and at peace, everyone  around you strangely appears in positive  vibe  too.

I am moving  to different  placement  with work very soon and I did share my thoughts  with my work hubby...I did say "I hope it will be better" to which  he responded..."no, it will not, nothing will change, same job and same stuff"...this made me think...its me what needs to change, the outlook  in life...until I do that, I will continue  the same cycle,...cycle I walked too many times...

Well, I guess this was just a thank you for making  me think and hopefully  start putting  something  in place to help me and everyone  around me to accept me as a struggling  but never giving  up person...and also, those all mighty changes huh...they're  indeed needed.

Wish you well, look after  yourself 

S&B xx

Posted : 8th June 2021 8:15 pm
(@bladesman)

Thanks for the message, only just seen it, much appreciated. 1 year down, the rest of our lives to go 🙂

Posted : 14th June 2021 5:04 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Day 391 !! Wow over a year ago I was broken, now I'm fixed to the extent I keep forgetting to update my diary. I still read everyday more than once and I'm making a commitment today to post more often. It's because I'm enjoying the summer, enjoying my son playing cricket and gambling is far far from my mind. But from everything I read complacency creeps up so with that in mind I'll keep myself more current here, takes a few minutes to post so worth while. To everyone struggling you can do it !! Dig deep never give up fighting

Posted : 29th June 2021 6:31 pm
Page 19 / 22

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close