Now or never

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Enough is enough this has beat me for to long now do i allow it to keep doing so??

they say there gutteris the lowest place you can go well im here before i slip there.

im 29 years old and have been gambling for around 18 years it started with fruit machines then gone to sportsbetting and roulette. Im normally a positive and outgoing person but i feel that i am hardly the person i once was due to being deep in gambling and chasing a dream that never comes trueand just brings you more heartache more hurt and takes away what ever money you have. i feel like i have lost the value of money for example yesterday i won £1100 on my dinner hour but it isnt enough i carry on and lose it all. maybe that will explain the 10k debt have gained from this horrible disease. Every morning i wake up and tryand be positive and think todays a new day but i know i physically cant go on much longer im finacially just floating above water if i go any further down im sunk.

anyway todays plan is

1, SPOKE TO GAMCARE 2,JOINED THE FORUM 3, GET PAD AND WORK MY FINANCES OUT 4, MAKE A PLAN, 5, SET SOME GOALS, 6, START ENJOYING MY LIFE AGAIN AND BEAT THIS ILLNESS

TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST TOUGH PEOPLE DO !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted : 10th July 2018 11:11 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi digsy,

same age myself and similar feelings towards gambling. the wins will never outweigh the overall losses, the sooner we let that sink in the better.

I am not the most experienced person at dealing with this illness but in the short time I have been here I've learnt that there are good people who can offer a lot with guidance through tough times. They inspire you to get to X amount of days gamble free.

you talk about being outgoing and positive; I was the same. this illness saps the positivity and motivation away. Hard to explain to loved ones who haven't been there and felt it.

looking back I feel like I lived a double life, never putting 100% of my time or energy into anything because I was always thinking about the next win.

it's time to be 100% the person you can be!

with regards to the money side of it, I have debt. much like winning a bet I get great satisfaction from the amount decreasing over time.

Not sure about you personally but something that has really helped is running and reading. it's not about distraction from gambling for me it's about finding a focus in something else.

best of luck,

take care,

A

Posted : 10th July 2018 1:18 pm
Tim1984
(@tim1984)

Hey Digsy

Well done on taking the first steps forward........I remember my first few days and they were tough. Im now up to 111 and feeling so much better. By reaching out and being honst with people around you and on platfroms like this will really help you. It is tough to start with but you can do this

Take one day at a time and start investing in yourself and changing your environments around you

Be proud of the step you have taken

Posted : 10th July 2018 3:28 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi guys cheers for the kind words really appreciate them. Well I have a day under my belt so it’s a start booked in for some face to face counselling so it’s a start. But will be taking it hour by hour for a good bit yet and aiming to add a day on each day. Have a good day guys

Posted : 11th July 2018 9:11 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well guys managed another day yesterday and half way thought today. Did my first 1-1 counselling session this morning so feeling positive

Posted : 12th July 2018 3:49 pm
(@Anonymous)

glad you're feeling positive, that's top.

what was the 1-1 like? just waiting for my appointment not to sure what to expect.

good luck and keep going!

A

Posted : 12th July 2018 5:38 pm
(@Anonymous)

I’m similar age to you my self and you have taken same path as me exactly fruit machines, sports and fobt. Like your self I’m also waiting for a counselling session I have attended them before but didn’t really want to be there this time I’m committed. How did your first session go?

Posted : 12th July 2018 8:35 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close