Starting over again.

40 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Just checking in again, 14 days gf tomorrow. Feels like the longest 2 weeks of my life. But I'm going strong, making payments towards debts here and there and payments into my savings when I can. I'm hopeful for 2018 x

Posted : 28th December 2017 5:50 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Posting now as I've just faced massive temptation and need to stay focused and motivated. Going into day 15 trying to stay strong x

Posted : 30th December 2017 2:57 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Just checking in, day 19 and still gf. Self excluded one of my accounts for 5 years on Monday. Next lot come out of self exclusion in about 3 weeks time so I'll be doing those too. So lovely to enjoy Xmas and new year gf. And I've managed to save just over 1100 quid which I would have no doubt lost. Just concentrating on spending this year paying things off now x

Posted : 3rd January 2018 9:51 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Made it to day 22. Have found that limiting my access to disposable funds has really helped. Hope you're all doing well x

Posted : 6th January 2018 2:25 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

So I've made it to 4 weeks gf! So pleased and proud. It's been a very long 4 weeks! Hope everyone is well x

Posted : 13th January 2018 2:43 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I'm still here. Almost 5 weeks and temptation has hit me tonight. Been looking through all my sites thank God not managed to get back on one. Might just go to bed!

Posted : 17th January 2018 9:15 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I slipped up major tonight. Am leaving the forum as don't really feel I've been getting any support to be honest. Wish you all the best.

Posted : 24th January 2018 1:27 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your slip. Please don't make it continued pattern as it's easy to keep going down the slope. Stand back up, dust yourself down and try again. 5 weeks is really good time with clear head, I am sure you can surpass it! Have you got any blocks in place. Unfortunately self exclusions is not enough in this day and age with new sites coming up nearly daily. What about finances? Can you hand them over to someone you trust? The more blocks you out down, the harder it is for demons to chase you.

I hear about your pain in not being supported. I am sorry for this. Us gamblers can get tangled up in our mess so much we may oversee others. I haven't read your diary yet I must admit but you know what, I shall do it tonight ☺

Everyone on here matters equally, we are all looking for a way out and putting our lives back on track. Please keep posting! Help and support is out there!..i also found it very helpful to support others, it gave me purpose for a long while..but I started to lose myself in my own head again. Maybe your last post was a kick in the backside I needed...its good to help and support fellow soldiers.

You're not alone. Stick by. Contact GC as they're very helpful and can advice you on many strategies to keep safe and content in your recovery.

Chin up & keep moving forwards!

S&B xx

Posted : 24th January 2018 1:50 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Hello Lh. Really sorry to read of your slip. I have been there myself and it is a terrible feeling. The addiction plays tricks with the mind and causes havoc with our emotions. Feelings of sadness, remorse and anger run riot in our heads. It's horrible.

The good news is you went 39 days without gambling. You were positive about your recovery, confident and hopeful. That doesn't have to change. You have had a nasty fall, it is a setback, but you haven't lost the battle.

I hope you decide to stay with your diary, if nothing else it is a good record of the journey. Your journal of how you rediscovered your life and got your freedom back. Every small step takes you further away from the last bet.

Wishing you well...stephen

Posted : 24th January 2018 6:48 pm
(@Anonymous)

Morning Lh. I know what you mean about no support, I did a diary for over a year and it did feel like I was talking to myself. But, it still helped. Contribute on others diaries and you'll find you receive more comments on your own. Even coming on here to read other diaries is good, as I find it puts me off gambling.

Posted : 25th January 2018 8:20 am
Page 3 / 3

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close