[Closed] Stephen Stopped Gambling Saturday 22nd February 2020

367 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
41.7 K Views
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Stephen your rhymes have brought a smiler To me today have been in a lot of pain today and seem to be very drained Will try to come in to chat tonight but see how things go take care Stephen thanks again.                                                       
 Scotty

Posted : 9th April 2020 6:17 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for the kind words in my diary Scotty.

Sorry you have had a rough day but feel sure that our lives and the lives of all our gamcare friends will slowly but surely improve as we get further and further away from that awful gambling.

I have amended my poem a bit so it now reads as follows:

Nothing stops us smiling so we all feel tickety boo 

Relaxed with healthy foods to eat and exercise to do

Using minds constructively and living with hope and a smile

Our gamcare friends are heroes who will walk that extra mile

Stephen x 

Posted : 9th April 2020 6:45 pm
(@boo-radley)

No words other than ❤️ thank you

Boo ?

Posted : 10th April 2020 8:47 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Boo.

I have just enjoyed a visit to the 10-00 to 11-00 additional chatroom and gained some great insight from Matt who was the Chat Moderator.

The Trained Peeraid counsellors who are moderating the additional chatrooms have enjoyed a good length of time in recovery and now feel able and well equipped to help others.

If anyone has questions they wish to ask than I recommend they visit these additional chatrooms.

This afternoon at 3 o clock I will be there and have been informed that Tony will be the ChatMod.

Best wishes

Stephen x 

Posted : 10th April 2020 11:19 am
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen

sorry it’s been a few days since I last frequented your diary. I genuinely don’t know where the time has been going the past few days, all I can say is I’ve been far from being bored. 

It was great  to see you in chat today and made me smile knowing you’d asked after me. I hadn’t been on the site this evening after chat but as I got in bed, remembered what you said to me in chat and wanted to make sure I came on as I said,  to post on your diary so you know I hadn’t forgotten. I will update the last few days on my diary tomorrow, but I pre-warn  you that it will include ? and lots of it ?. 

I hope you had a lovely walk this afternoon and enjoyed your views from your balcony this evening. 

You've done incredibly well Stephen on this journey so far and long may it continue. I’m very proud of you and to be able to call you my friend. ?

Hope to catch you in chat tomorrow (technically today) but until then, sweet dreams. 

Lively x

Posted : 11th April 2020 2:05 am
(@vinnie)

Good morning stephen Thankyou so much for your kind words , hope you have a wonderful day , ??

Posted : 11th April 2020 10:50 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Good morning Stephen hope you are ok today miss chat last night had a few Technical Issues hopefully all is well now hope to see you in chat later take care in this lovely weather 

Posted : 11th April 2020 12:42 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

The legends known as Lively, Zoe, Scotty too

Visited my diary which thrilled me through and through 

Their presence blessed my humble home but I was out of sight

I should have left refreshments for to quench their appetite 

There was chocolate, cakes and other treats to fill their hungry tummies

Plus lots of drinks with trifles and other lovely yummees

But confectionary will have to wait for now is the time for a walk

But later in the chatroom I will munch on this picnic and talk

Stephen

Rocking through the Easter Weekend

Yihaaa  x?x ? x?x

Posted : 11th April 2020 5:09 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen

Nice to speak you in chat this evening. It made me really happy to hear of your delightful picnic full of delicious treats and knowing you were enjoying something nice for yourself.  ?

I think putting the chart suggested by the wonderful Drama Llama is a great idea and will be a reminder of how far you have come on this journey. I hope despite the current circumstances with the lockdown, that this time has really helped you realise how wonderful life can be without gambling and how we can get lots of pleasure with the simple things like cake and little treats. I certainly know it’s given me food for thought ?? sorry couldn’t resist it.  

You are doing great and I’m proud to have you as a gamcare friend on this journey. 

Wishing you a very happy Easter x

Lively 

Posted : 11th April 2020 11:51 pm
(@vinnie)

Happy EASTER Stephen hope you have a wonderful day ??

Posted : 12th April 2020 10:13 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Lively & Vinnie for visiting my humble abode. Your presence on my diary has given Easter Sunday an extra special sparkle???

I hid some small easter eggs around my flat before I went to bed last night and this morning been searching high and low for the elusive chocolatey treats ? found most of them but still a couple to find! Great fun ? ? ?

Wishing everyone a super duper smiley smiley fun-filled Easter with lots of great adventures, laughter and cuddles.

Yihaaa let's rock n roll ?‍♂️  ? ? ? ?  ?‍♀️ Whoopee

Stephen x x x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 12th April 2020 11:52 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen I love to read your diary it puts a smile on my face   happy Easter glad to see you are having a Easter egg hunt we had a Easter bunny left by our door this morning by the brownies which was lovely just making some Easter bics for later and some nice  music playing today have a safe and lovely Easter Sunday hope chat later your friend               
scotty ❤️Xx

Posted : 12th April 2020 12:39 pm
(@vinnie)

Lmao Stephen you do make me giggle , hope u find the rest of ur eggs ?? ?

Posted : 12th April 2020 12:43 pm
(@vinnie)

Evening Stephen hope ur ok and not still looking for the eggs , I poppedon chat tonight to see you, hope I’ve had a wonderful day and enjoyed your evening stroll hopefully catch you on chat tomorrow ?

Posted : 12th April 2020 10:11 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen Hope you had a good afternoon Mr in chat tonight hope to catch up with you tomorrow hope you have good night sleep  me and vinnie Thought you might be still looking for your eggs  haha???                           
scotty  

Posted : 12th April 2020 11:06 pm
Page 10 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close