367 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
42 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

A big thank you Scotty & Vinnie for your humour and kind words of encouragement.

I hope everyone is coping well and keeping their spirits up. Life has its ups and downs but I suppose that is all part of the adventure.

History is full of triumphs and calamities but the sun keeps shining and the world goes round regardless of what we might do it think.

13th April 1570 ..... The birth of Guy Fawkes in York - He certainly ruffled a few feathers

13th April 1919 ..... British troops opened fire on 10,000 unarmed civilians at Amritsar in India who had defied the restrictions against public gatherings - 379 killed & 1200 wounded. (Absolutely shocking).

13th April 1936 ..... Luton Town footballer Joe Payne set a goal scoring record when he scored 10 goals in one match against Bristol Rovers. 

13th April 2020 ..... Over 10,000 people have died in the UK recently after contacting the Coronavirus.

13th April 2020 ..... Online gambling companies continue taking money from compulsive gamblers even though everyone knows it can lead to:

POVERTY

DEPRESSION

ANXIETY

FAMILY BREAK-UPS 

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

SUICIDE

JOB LOSSES

PRISON

A gamble-free life might not be perfect but it is our life and not a life ruled over by the insidious tyrannical blood-sucking demonical gambling companies that prey on the weakness and gullibility of those who are addicted to gambling.

GamCare Brothers & Sisters we stand united against a common foe. 

We will never surrender.

We will live gamble free lives and strive to be happy.

Stephen x x x x x 

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 13th April 2020 10:34 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen thanks for the post  on to my diaryit is always nice read post it makes feel that I am not a lone not having a great morning fell down and keep bursting in  to tears not like me not sure why but hope you are having a good day take care scotty 

Posted : 14th April 2020 12:57 pm
(@vinnie)

Posted by: Scottydog71

Hi Stephen thanks for the post  on to my diaryit is always nice read post it makes feel that I am not a lone not having a great morning fell down and keep bursting in  to tears not like me not sure why but hope you are having a good day take care scotty 

Sorry to here your having a down day scotty , hope to see u on chat at three I will try and cheer u up ??

Posted : 14th April 2020 2:01 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Scotty.

Sorry you are having a rough morning.

Lively and Vinnie are going in the chatroom for the additional chat at 3pm so why not come join us and say hello.

Best wishes 

Stephen 

Posted : 14th April 2020 2:03 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Just enjoyed a visit to the Wednesday 10 to 11 chatroom with a man called Matt moderating. Really sound bloke with a good attitude and very knowledgeable.

Tony is the other Peeraid Mod doing the additional chatrooms and he also is very helpful and like Matt he has a wealth of experience.

They are back on Friday 10 to 11 & 3 to 4.

Wishing everyone a good gamble free day

Stephen 

Posted : 15th April 2020 11:10 am
(@boo-radley)

Thanks Stephen. Yes I enjoy our serene chats. Do enjoy your adventure be it whatever pace you choose??  boo

Posted : 15th April 2020 5:42 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

It was great to catch you in chat this morning. ?

Thank you for your lovely, kind words on my diary and your consistent support since I’ve been on this forum. You have been there throughout my journey despite both our ups and downs. 

You are doing amazing and I’m really proud of how far you have come. Keep up the good fight. I decided I would try and write a little poem for you today Stephen. Not anywhere as eloquent as yours but I hope it puts a smile on your face. 

Stephen, the wonderful dancing soul, 

who one day will reach his ultimate goal. 

He keeps everyone with a beaming smile on their face,

whenever he regularly frequents this wonderful place. 

With his kind words, charisma, wisdom and humour, 

he has the wit and brain as fast as a puma.

Whoever gets the pleasure of getting to know this man, 

is one lucky person and I for one, am his biggest fan. 

Lively x

Posted : 17th April 2020 12:04 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Awww, Stephen, I have just seen your post on my diary.

I am so glad you liked the poem. I’ve not sat and wrote a poem since school so I was surprised how quickly it flowed onto the page. I’m so happy it made you smile, I wanted to put in that extra effort as you always do for others. The bit about writing out and putting it on the wall, almost made me shed a tear. I feel honoured and decided there will be more where that came from. 

I hope you have a good weekend ahead. 

Your friend and biggest fan ?

Lively

Posted : 18th April 2020 12:04 am
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

One day I ventured across a site and met a man called Stephen, 

a kind hearted soul, who one day might become a friend even.

Just a few months later who would of known, 

that a supportive, blossoming friendship had grown.

Laughs and giggles and words of wisdom too, 

and not forgetting the forming of our inbetweeners dance crew. 

The ups and downs we’ve shared on this path, 

the tears, the stories and also a laugh. 

We’re both working hard to see the light, 

And together I know we can win this fight. 

So thank you, my friend for all that you do, 

and thank you again for being you!

Lively ?

Posted : 18th April 2020 12:20 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Good morning Lively ?‍♀️ ? ?‍♀️ for once in my life I am lost for words. Your creativity, humour and kindness have simply blown me away.

You have made this weekend a very special one and the poems will certainly have pride of place on my kitchen wall and whenever I am preparing a drink or a meal your words will bring a happy smile to my face. ?

Wishing you a super duper weekend.

Stephen x 

Posted : 18th April 2020 10:09 am
(@vinnie)

A true gentleman, hope u have a good nights sleep ??

Posted : 18th April 2020 11:08 pm
(@vinnie)

Good afternoon Stephen , hope your well , sun is shining so hope ur going to make the most of it with a stroll down to the pier , hopefully see u on chat this evening ??

Posted : 19th April 2020 2:35 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Vinnie for those kind words. Hope you had a good day and managed to get out for a walk in the sunshine.

It has been a lovely day in Hull and quite a lot of people walking around the pier area near the Marina. Still plenty of space though and people were not getting too close.

We could assemble the Inbetweener Dance Troupe for rehearsals there ???????‍♂️?

Will pop in the chatroom at 8pm

Stephen x 

Posted : 19th April 2020 7:56 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

This morning I was pottering about at home when I suddenly thought of an acquaintance whom I had not seen for over a year and 20 minutes later she rang me to see how I was.

A strange coincidence but maybe not all that unusual! The word for it is synchronicity.

Whilst making enquiries I came across the following quote:

"In every moment, the universe is whispering to you. Your constantly surrounded by signs, coincidences and synchronicities, all aimed at propelling you in the direction of your destiny."

Denise Linn.

Very interesting!?

Stephen x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 19th April 2020 11:55 pm
(@vinnie)

I met a man called Stephen   His friendship was such a blessing , I love are chats , it keeps me on the right track ,     Evening Stephen this is as far as I’ve got I will keep trying but thought I’d show you my start ??

Posted : 20th April 2020 9:35 pm
Page 11 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close