Still no gambling! (24/05/13)

55 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 250: 29/01/2014

Still on the right path!!

I am far away from gambling which is a great feeling, especially when writing this, and in life in general, I'm in a decent place.

No real money problems, just still low, though come the end of February, I should be back on track. Wrestlemania in 10 weeks, so that has got my excitement levels up and plus there is a chance that I may actually get back together with my girlfriend from a year back. It's a small chance, but the possibility is good enough for now.

So its safe to say 2014 is going well, and hopefully I can say that it did, come the end of the year!

Jace

Posted : 30th January 2014 12:42 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Jace,

Congrats on reaching 250 days without gambling. That figure will include a lot of steps towards a present and future without gambling.

Did you watch the Royal Rumble over the weekend? Should Daniel Bryan have been in there? Yes? Only managed to pick up the highlights, as I was watching the Pro Bowl.

Hope 2014 does indeed deliver everything you want to achieve, and just a few months until you can mark that year gamble free.

All the best

Ryan

Posted : 30th January 2014 12:51 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks for the vote of confidence leedso. I'm very confident I can make the year and beyond, my money has got to go on my Wrestlemania trip and then Summerslam lol!

Yeah, watched the Rumble and was thoroughly disappointed. I think the Rumble match needed Bryan or at least Punk to win it, but alas, none of that happened! Still I'm excited to see what is gonna happen over the next couple of months!

Posted : 30th January 2014 1:15 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 275: 23/02/2014

All is good; No gambling!

The days seem to be going by fast with not even a hint of a relapse.

My life is far from perfect, but it is good and better that I can say that I have seemingly overcome gambling. I still hold on to those dark times as a reminder but I do not dwell on them anymore.

Just a couple of months left of university now, and with that, I have to think about my future again. 5 years of education done. Not looking forward to deciding what is next though, I still have no clue!

Have just booked up another trip to LA (Summerslam) in August. Didn't expect to be going back to LA so soon, but I am super excited. Gotta save up again, well as soon as I have returned from New Orleans.

Jace

Posted : 24th February 2014 12:06 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 301: 21/03/2014

So another milestone, this thing is easy...

No, it was anything but to begin with. They are always the toughest, so my advice to anyone who has recently fallen and doesn't think they can get back to good; just stick with the recovery. It gets easier, you just have to navigate through those initial dark days.

Under two weeks now till I fly out to New Orleans, a couple of months till university is done for good, just over four months till Los Angeles. Life can be good sometimes!

I am feeling great now and I am looking ahead to that full year in the not too distant future

Posted : 22nd March 2014 1:50 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 342: 01/05/2014

Nearly made a year gamble free and it feels so good saying that. Definitely eclipses my longest gamble free period.

Reading some diaries on here does make me feel sad. People who have a lot in their life and unfortunately are in a destructive period dealing with this addiction. I used to go through similar feelings myself; I'm young, I'll just get back to even and I'll stop or I'll just win this once and then I don't need to ever gamble again. Unfortunately, the result always ends up the same, and it doesn't discriminate against anyone.

Back in 2012, I stopped for 5 months, but because of lack of opportunity being out of the country. Before that period, I was up and thought I was free from it, but as soon as I returned home, I was back at it and then by May, I was so far gone. I had to stop.

My advice is to stay motivated and determined, look around and hopefully see things aren't that bad and try and have things to look forward to. I understand that it won't come easy initially but I have found that it does get easier as time passes.

Not much has changed for me, in terms of where I am to where I was this time last year, but I take pride in being able to say that I fought threw an addiction and I am a better person for it.

Jace

Posted : 1st May 2014 12:34 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 365: 24/05/2014

So here it is, my one year anniversary of giving up and it feels great!

In this time, my money in the bank looks a little healthier although not great, but that money has been spent on doing things which mean something to me rather than wasting time seeing the numbers on a website constantly going up and down until they stayed permanently down. I have been able to travel to America twice in that time for Wrestlemania and Summerslam with three more trips planned to Summerslam, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania!

And on top of it all, I have now finished university. Not going to come out with the greatest grades, but with everything considered I am happy. Still single which is the worst thing for me, but I am confident in myself, especially after going through so much and coming out the other side clean!

Now to decide what to do with the rest of my life!

Keep going guys, it can be done!

Jace

Posted : 24th May 2014 9:29 pm
duncan.mac
(@duncan-mac)

Jace

fella thanks for sharing such a great post with the forum

Today my friend I salute your outstanding achievement for it be very proud

keep making the right choice.

abstain and maintain

Duncs stepping forward never back

Posted : 24th May 2014 11:55 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

23/02/2015: Day 640

Well, it's been 9 months since I last posted on this forum, though it has always been in my bookmarks just in case I needed it. Site has been through some changes I see since I last was on; I thought my account was lost, but luckily I managed to retrieve my username to still be able to post.

So then, long story short; no gambling! 🙂

Had a decent 2014 in which I did graduate and recieved my degree and I took my planned trip to LA for Summerslam 2014 and ended the year with a bonus from work for 10 consecutive years. Not too bad.

The New Year has been even better. The bonus went towards a trip to Florida to watch NXT, Texas, to see my University friends and finally Philadelphia to see the Royal Rumble. About 3 weeks ago, I joined the gym, which was a long time coming. Since that time I've made good use of it, changed my eating habits and look forward to the new challenge of getting into shape. Finally in 4 weeks time, I head out to San Jose for WrestleMania and in the summer; Florida & New York for a family holiday. Life is good.

Trust me guys, life is so much better when you don't risk it all on a unwinnable thing. I can still remember that rush in putting money on football games, and the highs of winning, though equally I remember the lows, those empty feelings of having no money left to do even the simple things. I wouldn't wish them lows on anyone and the highs do not last. They get you eventually, no matter how long it takes.

Be strong guys!

Jace

Posted : 23rd February 2015 8:53 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi Jace,

Lovely to see so many positives in your life since you kicked this habit into touch. It does get better and rewards this abstinence gifts never stops coming!

Inspiring to see what you can achieve if you put your heart, soul and head into recovery!

Keep up the good work and keep making the right choice. Thanks for sharing your journey and be proud

Sandra

Posted : 24th February 2015 3:07 am
Page 4 / 4

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close