This is it!

93 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Feeling positive, another day done. The work week from hell is coming to an end. Bought myself something on way hone from work, a fraction of what I would have spent gambling.

​

Posted : 1st December 2016 5:45 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well what a week, issues at work promised a promotion that was just given to somebody else and also found out that a close family member is seriously ill. Despite all the bumps in the road this week have come out the other side. I feel like I'm seeing clearly for the first time in years. I've not gambled nor have I any intention of doing so.

​I had a fab night out last night food, drinks and good company. A perfect distraction and despite being a Saturday and me being a compulsive sports gambler I no longer the weekends. Have a happy and gamble free Saturday.

​

Posted : 3rd December 2016 8:18 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Tempted yesterday as I always used to bet on football usually in a Saturday but didn't cave in.

​

Posted : 4th December 2016 7:50 am
(@mixer)

This is great stuff kadiz1. Don't give in. Picture, in banknotes, how much you'll have at the end of the month if you prove your willpower and stubbornness not to gamble. It'll be more than a few jackpots! Keep going.

Posted : 4th December 2016 8:22 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Mixer. I can already see a big difference and its only been a week of no gambling after payday. I have to keep going and not give in. Always good to read supportive comments.

​

Posted : 4th December 2016 11:19 am
(@mixer)

Good man. You're doing bloody well.

You mentioned that you had been passed for promotion. Here's some advice someone gave me: keep your head held high. Show your bosses you can take disappointment on the chin; they'll be impressed by your attitude. It will put you in better stead next time.

And let's face it - at this time, you're not after money or the kudos of promotion. You want your life back, and now you've stopped gambling, and will never gamble again, you've done just that. Sod the poxy promotion! This is probably more important right now and when promotion comes up again, you'll be in a far better state of mind.

Posted : 4th December 2016 11:24 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Exactly my priority at the moment is to stop gambling. Its going to feel like a promotion each month as I'll have so much more money left.

​

Posted : 4th December 2016 11:50 am
(@mixer)

Precisely, and then some... 🙂

Posted : 4th December 2016 11:51 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Another day done. Its very reassuring to see how many days I haven't gambled and to see the comments from others it really does help.

The weekends are definitely the hardest especially as I used to sports gamble. I have changed my routine​

​

Posted : 5th December 2016 7:09 pm
(@mixer)

Another day batted away kadiz1. Good stuff. I'm following your diary. Keep it going mate.

Posted : 5th December 2016 10:22 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Feel I've hit a bit of a milestone, 30 days, a month gamble free!

​

Posted : 6th December 2016 5:01 pm
(@mixer)

Absolutely brilliant. I am now going to toast your good health and have a beer. You wouldn't believe how motivating reading diaries like yours are.

Posted : 6th December 2016 11:08 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Another day down, feeling positive. Cannot believe I spent so many wasted hours totally consumed by this. Still early days though

​

Posted : 7th December 2016 8:01 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi kadiz well done on your gf days your doing great! I've been feeling that way about the amount of time I wasted consumed by gambling I think that's saddest part we can get money back but not time but! we can enjoy our lives even more gf I think we appreciate it more when we start living again. Anyway hun well done and take care Lu x

Posted : 7th December 2016 8:28 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Some urges today however looking at my account and seeing I still have money left is keeping me going.

​

Posted : 8th December 2016 5:22 pm
Page 2 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close