Time to stop!

386 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
24.2 K Views
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well day 2 has come and I haven't gambled. Day off today though so it all feels a bit harder to resist temptation. I'm not going to give in though, an old friend on here once wrote 'you cannot win, because you cannot stop' and that my friends is the gods honest truth of it, I am not in control when gambling and no matter how stubborn and head strong I get I am weak minded when it comes to pressing that button one more time, having that one more spin, winning then 'taking it down to the nearest round number', all these stupid mental games we've all played ourselves with its ridiculous.

Time to stop for good.

Stay strong

Steve

Posted : 15th May 2017 12:35 pm
Ex-gambler Curly
(@ex-gambler-curly)

Hi Steve

Welcome back my friend. I'm sorry to see you have been having a tough time. Me too. What is it that keeps dragging us back in? There's no real upside to gambling is there!

I'll do you a deal. I'm going to start at day 1 again today for the umpteenth time. Every day that you don't gamble I will do the same.

Stay strong my friend.

Posted : 16th May 2017 12:28 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks for the support Curly. One day at a time. I'll keep logging in each night to give updates. Like you said those first 20 days are the hardest. Get through those and things will get a little easier.

Stay strong

Steve

Posted : 28th May 2017 12:21 am
Ex-gambler Curly
(@ex-gambler-curly)

Good to hear from you Steve.

We've both managed long periods without gambling previously so we know we can do this. I'm going to post every day for those first 20 days in order to break the cycle. After that we both just need to stop being so weak! We cannot win because we cannot stop.

This way to a better life my friend.

Posted : 28th May 2017 10:37 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Couldn't agree more my friend, had a nice gamble free day today. Watched the Grand Prix without wishing for someone to win (other than being patriotic and wanting Hamilton and button to do well) then watched a bit of golf before revisiting Game of Thrones (my new obsession programme, I can remember us talking about Lost back in the day!) with my wife.

Stay strong

Steve

Posted : 28th May 2017 11:02 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hope everyone is well.

Just finishing day 2 and feeling pretty solid. Immersing myself in other things to avoid gambling including time spent with family which is something I would neglect when giving my time to gambling.

Here's to day 3.

Stay strong

Steve

Posted : 29th May 2017 11:45 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 3 in the bank without a bet. Really busy so didn't really get time to do anything. Here's to day 4 and a day off so a little free time. Gonna find something positive to do with the time though.

Stay strong

Steve

Posted : 31st May 2017 1:25 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 4 done. Still feeling good.

Stay strong

Steve

Posted : 31st May 2017 11:38 pm
Ex-gambler Curly
(@ex-gambler-curly)

Hi Steve.

Hope you had a nice weekend mate. I'm really looking forward to seeing us both rack up these gamble-free days. It's only been 9 days and I feel so much better already.

I've never managed to find a suitable replacement for LOST. I've watched it all through again and will do so again in a few years. Did try a couple of episodes of GOT but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again!

Looking forward to your next post.

Posted : 5th June 2017 11:56 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi Curly,

Worked all weekend but on a positive note I haven't gambled. Good to see you doing so well too!

Yeah I still watch Lost every now and again, still holds up as one of the best programs in my book!

Day 10 done here's to another 10!

Stay strong

Steve

Posted : 6th June 2017 9:51 pm
Ex-gambler Curly
(@ex-gambler-curly)

Hi Steve,

Just checking in on you mate. Hope all is well. Keep racking up those days pal.

Posted : 12th June 2017 8:54 am
Page 26 / 26

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close