100 days gamble free

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
mspoh18
(@mspoh18)
Topic starter

Day 100!

A target that I never thought that I would reach. 100 days gamble free! 100 days in which I have managed to change my life for the better. 100 days that have shown that I can be happy without wasting a ridiculous amount of money. 100 days in which we have been able to enjoy ourselves and spend money on our two young girls. 100 days that have made me and my wife closer than ever. 100 days in which I have realised what is important in my life.

Has it been easy? No, not at all. Although it has been so much easier with the support from my friends and family. Without them, I don’t think that I could have reached this 100-day target.

Previously, I would have been thinking, obsessing even, about football fixtures, results, knowing what matches were on the tv, waking up in the night checking to see if I’d won a bet on a random match from South America. Now, I’m sleeping through the night and am able to enjoy watching a football match without the pressure of needing a certain result to win some money. There have even been some days when I’ve forgotten, or not paid attention to, football games.

My new target is to reach day 200. I also want to be able to help others to get over this crippling addiction. If anyone wants to get in touch, please do. After having counselling with GamCare, I’ve met some new friends and we have been able to support each other in a WhatsApp group. I strongly recommend others to do the same.

I’m off now to enjoy the sunshine.

For now, Mike.

Posted : 21st April 2018 8:41 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Mike,

I just want to say a Big Congratulation on reaching your 100 – days target, and thanks for sharing your joyous moment with us.

I hope this will go a long way to give hope to others that it’s possible to overcome if you stick to the advice being , and to encourage them to try harder and reach their targets.

Of course it’s not easy but, with effort, determination, and support from Gamcare and significant others demonstrates how one is able to sometimes achieve the unthinkable. “Well Done, you!”

Whatever strategies you applied to get you to day 100 seems to be working for you, so keep going. Also continue to read from our forum, and do try and stay in touch with us so we can continue to support you.

Wishing you the best on your journey to a gamble free life, and please keep posting!

Kind regards,

Beatrice

Posted : 21st April 2018 7:50 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close