849 days GF now back to 0. Try again

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Winterishere
(@winterishere)
Topic starter

After managing over 2 years gamble free I decided to go into an arcade earlier and gble £230. I've been wanting to get on the machines for a while now but I have been resisting and keeping myself busy but tonight I made that decision and I walked out of there feeling all those familiar feelings of disappointment, disgust, pain and sadness. I l have fallen off the wagon many times and I just get back up and try again. I'll continue to do this. I had my picture taken and self exclusion set at that place now so I'll never go back. Added to the list of many places now. GamStop and Moses is in place which has saved me numerous times over the last few years but today was not enough because my urge was too much and I wanted to go. I felt the rushes of adrenaline and dopamine release while I'm playing but now just feel rubbish. Dad still keeps hold of my savings so no extensive damage done but still it hurts. Gonna start again now and continue in this recovery. Hope everyone is doing ok

Posted : 18th September 2022 9:56 pm
(@gerard-g)

Oh please don't worry too much about this. Just a minor slip. Focus on all the positives -you have been doing so well for a long time. Shrug it off as a lesson learned and continue in recovery. You can overcome this, no problem

Posted : 19th September 2022 3:54 am
Winterishere
(@winterishere)
Topic starter

Thanks Gerard. Appreciate that ?

Posted : 19th September 2022 9:34 am
(@bobby001)

Back on the wagon. As with most journeys there are slip ups along the way. It’s how we recover from those slip ups that defines us. Just remind yourself of that silly mistake and how it made you feel. 
learn from it - do not beat yourself up about being back to Day 1, you are not you are almost 900days down that road that is something to be proud of my friend.

Stay strong and keep moving forward

Posted : 21st September 2022 6:38 pm
Winterishere
(@winterishere)
Topic starter

Cheers Bobby ?

Posted : 24th September 2022 9:20 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close