Day one

22 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hi Paul

Sorry I haven't replied before, but only just checked in for 1st time since last week.

I've read through your diary and am impressed with your resolve and determination. The biggest hurdle is admitting the problem, which you have already done. In my experience, the only way that I can be sure to control my addiction is by eliminating the temptation completely. Make sure that every device is blocked independantly and through your router settings. There will be times when you are climbing the walls to gamble, even after months and months, I'm not sure it will ever leave us completely. If you manage to find a way round it at any stage and slip up, learn from it, don't automatically tell yourself you can never defeat it because eventually you will. It might take 1 attempt, it might take 20 but you are on the right road as you have faced up to the problem. Keep going and good luck.

Regards

Russ

Posted : 5th December 2016 12:24 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I'm having abit of a down day today, not sure why, all I can think about is getting that quick fix/buzz of putting a bet on, it used to take up so much of my time and now there's a void. We're not that busy at work which makes it worse, I'd rather be non stop.

Not going to cave in though, couldn't if I tried. Broke as a joke and the Mrs is taking care of the ВЈВЈВЈ's.

Thanks for your comments guys means alot hearing from people who understand.

Day 8 anyway...

Posted : 5th December 2016 3:38 pm
(@mixer)

Keep going Paulgam. Can you keep going till Christmas? I've a sneaky suspicion you can.

Posted : 5th December 2016 11:11 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Mixer wrote:

Keep going Paulgam. Can you keep going till Christmas? I've a sneaky suspicion you can.

I think so too. Can't help feeling like I'll relapse again, months from now. It worries me to be honest.

Posted : 6th December 2016 9:48 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 10, still going strong. Not getting the urges now, still a long way to go though.

Posted : 7th December 2016 10:46 am
changemylife
(@changemylife)

Keep going Paul, that's the spirit !!

Posted : 8th December 2016 12:30 am
(@mixer)

Stick with it paulgam. Join a little club if you'd like; its for people who seriously want to stop and we all her each other on every day. Me, KP, jatievoo, change are members. It's all on here, on the forum. Join?

Posted : 8th December 2016 7:26 am
Page 2 / 2

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close